OMG! How did that happen?

Hi L, just one quick question, which you only have to give a simple answer.  

Was it your choice, or dictated by someone or something? 

Well, if it’s anything like my experience going from a diesel manual (admittedly, Volvo not Skoda) to a petrol DSG Octavia 3, you should not have many worries (ie about the engine and transmission, don’t know about the body style!!).

11 hours ago, NZ100 said:

Hi L, just one quick question, which you only have to give a simple answer.  

Was it your choice, or dictated by someone or something? 

I was reluctantly thinking it was about time to bring myself to part with old faithful and had just started sniffing round the dealers in a very half-hearted way.  Then a quick succession of events forced my hand.  Can't say any more. I'm still a bit shell-shocked.

11 hours ago, Baxlin said:

Well, if it’s anything like my experience going from a diesel manual (admittedly, Volvo not Skoda) to a petrol DSG Octavia 3, you should not have many worries (ie about the engine and transmission, don’t know about the body style!!).

From the test drive I think the engine/transmission will be fine.  So far I have only driven it back from the dealers about forty miles away along back roads  - but I got nothing from that experience because I was totally preoccupied with trying (unsuccessfully, as I had no specs to read the manual) to turn off the bloody stupid lane assist, which was trying to kill me.  

• Haha 2