2022 kodiaq sel exec seats

Hello

thank you for allowing me to join this forum

i am transferring from T6 to kodiaq 

I have ordered a kodiaq se L exec and have added quite a few extras, the car will be available in 32 weeks

i have learnt today that the seats are leather and I have a massive problem with leather seats in that I suffer with motion sickness and have never been able to travel in a vehicle with leather seats

my vw have always had Alcantara seats and I’m ok, but full leather just won’t work

does anyone know please if these seats can be changed, the dealership have totally refused saying they have air bags and won’t change them

someone else also told me that when you select the electric memory heated seats in the exec trim they are changed to alcantara, does anyone here please know if this is true

thank you  

Welcome.

The 31 week timeline might be fiction. 

If the salesperson can not tell you exactly what the spec / material you might get with the options of a MY23 Kodiaq in the UK maybe have a conversation with Skoda UK Customer Services and see if they know a man or woman that will know. 

The dealer will only be reading off the information that's displayed in front of them.

The dealer told you correctly. An SE-L exec already comes with an electric heated memory driver's seat as standard. The option to add an electric memory heated seat only relates to the passenger side.  Where did you hear that the seat material is changed?

If you want alcantara then your only option is to change your order to Sportline trim. ( and whatever you do, do not opt for the ventilated seats as those are leather ).

Edited by kodiaqsportline

I don’t really get what’s going on here. Firstly it’s odd to not be able to travel in leather seats. I’d first try test driving the actual sel seats. If they are no good then your options are to downgrade to SE Drive that comes with cloth seats or upgrade to the Alcantara of the sportline. That’s it. There are no seat upgrades or changes possible on the sel exec to move away from leather.

You might even be better off with the sportline and the bucket seats as they hug you in tighter so might be a good choice for you. Other than price I can’t really imagine why you’d be unable to get a sportline over the sel and even price isn’t too much different. So again not sure what the reason there is. Or is it you have to wait too long for a sportline?

Hi Andy, Please explain how the seat material contributes to motion sickness?

I’ve googled it and can’t find any info about the two things being related. Its usually caused by sitting in the back, type of driving and type of vehicle.

3 minutes ago, TeeDeeEye said:

Hi Andy, Please explain how the seat material contributes to motion sickness?

I’ve googled it and can’t find any info about the two things being related. Its usually caused by sitting in the back, type of driving and type of vehicle.

My guess and it’s just a guess is that leather seats can mean you slide round a little more and therefore that’s why they contribute. However if that’s the case it’s less the leather and more the supportiveness and general ‘hug’ of the seat that matters. So I’d definitely test it out first before assuming it’s no good in any specific car.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, TeeDeeEye said:

Please explain how the seat material contributes to motion sickness?

Don't know about motion sickness, but the light blue seats you used to get in Mercs always made me feel a bit 🤢.

Have to say I'm with you on not liking leather seats...   I don't get sick but really do not like them and I've tried a lot including supposedly well bolstered sports seats...   I much prefer cloth or alcantara

Agreed I don’t like leather seats either. Too cold in winter, too hot in summer.

If cloth seats were a must have, I’d make sure I ordered a car without them, and not think about retro fitting after I’d placed the order…………

• Like 1

On 28/06/2022 at 14:02, iwb100 said:

I don’t really get what’s going on here. Firstly it’s odd to not be able to travel in leather seats. I’d first try test driving the actual sel seats. If they are no good then your options are to downgrade to SE Drive that comes with cloth seats or upgrade to the Alcantara of the sportline. That’s it. There are no seat upgrades or changes possible on the sel exec to move away from leather.

You might even be better off with the sportline and the bucket seats as they hug you in tighter so might be a good choice for you. Other than price I can’t really imagine why you’d be unable to get a sportline over the sel and even price isn’t too much different. So again not sure what the reason there is. Or is it you have to wait too long for a sportline?

Unsure what you mean that it’s odd not to be able to travel in leather seats! Why is it odd? Some people are left handed, some people are lactose intolerant, some people are allergic to certain things, are all of those people odd?

i have bought cars and hired cars with leather interior, I have travelled as a passenger in cars with leather interior, and I get sick, travel sickness, apparently it’s a form of motion sickness, which some people used to experience when using iPhones, I’m sorry that this makes me odd in your opinion, I’m also sorry that your opinion doesn’t really count to me either 

sadly the rest of your post was lost on me 

• Like 1

So,  not that I should need to explain myself, but to settle the questions people appear to have and think I’m weird/odd for having issues with the leather and why not just order a higher or lower spec,

I am disabled, the car is on the motability scheme, I’m restricted to what I’m allowed to have

and for those about to start calling me a sponge or similar, heard it all before, but I have to pay something like £8k upfront to get the vehicle to any kind of spec, that’s £4K for base model, it’s no different to the rest of you who lease or buy vehicles on pcp

thats why 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Andykodiaq said:

Unsure what you mean that it’s odd not to be able to travel in leather seats! Why is it odd? Some people are left handed, some people are lactose intolerant, some people are allergic to certain things, are all of those people odd?

i have bought cars and hired cars with leather interior, I have travelled as a passenger in cars with leather interior, and I get sick, travel sickness, apparently it’s a form of motion sickness, which some people used to experience when using iPhones, I’m sorry that this makes me odd in your opinion, I’m also sorry that your opinion doesn’t really count to me either 

sadly the rest of your post was lost on me 

So I think you need to limit yourself to cloth seated SUV’s that are on motability. I don’t think Motability would be too pleased if you handed back the car sans leather seats.

Not sure your analogy with being left handed is correct it’s more in line with having arachnophobia - the irrational fear of spiders.

I’m reminded of Chuck McGill from Better Call Saul.

@TeeDeeEyei never said that I would hand back the car sans leather seat. On the contrary, I am looking for the seat(s) would change it and then after 3 years replace it back to original for return, or 5 years if I decided to extend the vehicle contract

alternatively I could purchase the car after 3 or 5 years

• Like 1

@roottootyes that’s the correct pricing and time scale however if i get the se I’m saving nothing at all as to get the vehicle to a desirable spec those items cost approx £4k

the sel exec have a few as standard which makes it about £3.4K on that model and a lot more on the lower model

For info Alcantara seats from Kodiaqs are available on eBay ..   there's even a full sportline interior on there 

• Thanks 1