2022 kodiaq sel exec seats

@skomazas for extras, usual things, on the Skoda build your own site

have now emailed the dealership and asked them to compare the lower model and the same add ons to confirm the different prices

happy enough to send you that in a conversation, I do t think I need to display publicly what I need in a car to help me

Ah ok that's a pain as you'd probably be able to get a more suitable spec...

Looks like you're into an interior swap then.

Have to say personally I don't understand why leather is always considered upmarket and manufacturers don't give non leather options free of charge 

@Andykodiaq

When i ordered a Alhambra i went for the most basic one rather than the same advance payment top of the range with Motability.

(It was to use as a van.)

Reason being i wanted the lightest so most economic which was the 150 ps one on 16" rims / tyres not 18" as the 184 ps top of the range one, so cloth seats not leather, no electric sliding doors or rear hatch. No roof bars, no plastic chrome and a few other things, and i paid £200 for the Factory Privacy glass.

I wanted to put on All Season tyres and not have electric doors.

This was after having borrowed the Top of the Range one that the sales exec drove as his daily and finding out that it was a bit of a drinker and no quicker at 70 mph than the lower powered car even though the Brochure said it was much slower in acceleration and poorer in economy that the more expensive, heavier on wider and bigger tyred car.

As it was the Basic Car turned up with more spec than it was supposed to and sadly horrible material on the seats.

Extending the Lease is available on low mileage cars over the 3 years.

Buying at the end of lease is a ridiculous price that they offer you.  Best have a friendly BCA Account holder buy it at auction for you, but then you are against the trade but that still means cheaper than Motability Finance offered the car to you for.

I had on cheap Airbag compatible seat covers until i got better ones and for winter and no heated seats a sheep skin rug.

But i am not vegan....

1327781644_DSCN2364.JPG.fe0806c392b984ec86937ef114906c10(1).JPG.cb4465d722e69ef2ae5b4b9377382cd6.jpeg

post-86161-0-22481900-1480500133.jpg

post-86161-0-57952100-1480493872.jpg

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

@Kenny Rthanks lol, have been down that road previously, I’m surprised nobody else here have suggested it though, kudos to you

i am unsure if it’s the feel or smell or both that causes me to be sick, but covers didn’t work unfortunately 

• Like 1

No need to send info...   That's your business...   I was just wondering if it was things that might be obtained in different ways.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

For info we originally wanted an SEL but finished up with an SE as we found a deal too good to miss and decided we could do without the extras, although ours does have heated seats which are a must with my herniated disc in my back.

A year on we're happy with it and don't miss the SEL spec.   SWMBO would prefer an electric tailgate but having seen some of the problems with them I'm glad we have a manual one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andykodiaq said:

@Kenny Rthanks lol, have been down that road previously, I’m surprised nobody else here have suggested it though

That sounds like a Captain Mainwaring quote  " I was wondering when someone would notice that "  :D

The reason I never suggested it is you can get away with covers on cloth seats but you have to be ultra, ultra careful with leather, especially if the car isn't yours.  Knew someone with an Evoque who'd just used those plastic protectors which he never took off. Then when he went to sell the car, well...   it looked like his leather had skin cancer. Beyond repair, only had two options - have the seat recovered or replace the seat. Cheaperst option was from breakers yard - still cost a small fortune tho. 

Leather needs to breath, it needs to be kept supple.

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kodiaqsportline said:

That sounds like a Captain Mainwaring quote  " I was wondering when someone would notice that "  :D

The reason I never suggested it is you can get away with covers on cloth seats but you have to be ultra, ultra careful with leather, especially if the car isn't yours.  Knew someone with an Evoque who'd just used those plastic protectors which he never took off. Then when he went to sell the car, well...   it looked like his leather had skin cancer. Beyond repair, only had two options - have the seat recovered or replace the seat. Cheaperst option was from breakers yard - still cost a small fortune tho. 

Leather needs to breath, it needs to be kept supple.

You wouldn’t need to have any worries with “leather “ seats in a Skoda as no animals are harmed in the making of the “leather”  :)

On 03/07/2022 at 14:13, Kenny R said:

You wouldn’t need to have any worries with “leather “ seats in a Skoda as no animals are harmed in the making of the “leather”  :)

I think the seat backs, sides and probably bolsters are animal free, but the facing where your ar5e and back goes - that was running around a field at one time.

There used to be folk who'd complain about the qulity of leather on Skoda and other VW cars - must say I conditioned it twice a year and I never had an issue with it.

Edited by kodiaqsportline

34 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

must say I conditioned it twice a year and I never had an issue with it.

I didn't do a damn thing (other than vacuum the seats occasionally) in 3.5 years of ownership... and there was nothing wrong with them by the end. If anything, they were better than new because they'd softened up a bit.

• Like 1