NSR DOOR NOW OPENS!! 😃

Hiya all.

So basically I've had my Roomy for a year now, and the rear door hasn't opened in all the time.

Well eventually I've got it to open - thanks to a second hand mechanism. 

I kept phoning garages vw/skoda experts & general garages & even Skoda dealerships/garages and they all said the only way to change it is to smash the mechanism etc etc and your talking £100s cause it may take hours etc etc.

Anyway, the way I did it (see pictures) was yes you have to smash the black plastic casing on the mechanism... but still nothing....

Then once that has been removed you are left with the metal part still screwed in the door and latched on etc....

What I found was when you pull on the latch to open it - the lever wasn't going further enough so I pulled/pressed the lever more and more and eventually the door opens... again see picture. 

Hope this helps and saves someone garage fees etc.

Yes I have damaged some of the metal.... but it's covered by the door card.... 

All the best

Sean.

20220704_132720.jpg

20220704_132749.jpg

20220704_132743.jpg