Memory seats no longer working

Hi guys

I had previously set 2 seating positions on the drivers side seat for both myself and my wife.

Now all of the sudden the memory seat function is not working. 

It won’t even let me set any new seating positions. 

I’m wondering if something has been touched either on the seat or key fob or if there is a way to reset the memory seat completely to start again and re program the seats?

Turn program the seats I do the following:

1. Turn off ignition on

2. Adjust seat

3. Press the “SET” button

4. Press the position number “1”, “2” or “3”.

Has anyone else come across this issue or know how I can get the memory seating to work again? 

Car is a 2017 FL 230 (VRS 169 DSG)

Many thanks in advance. 

You probably accidentally disabled seat memory. This is usually done by moving the seat to its extreme and holding the button down for a few seconds.

You have to turn ignition on (engine does not have to be running), exit the car and move your seat to its extremes once more - both base and backrest all the way back and then all the way forward, then you should hear a "bong" that lets you know it's working again. Keep in mind that after you move the seat to the front or back, it actually stops a few centimetres before the end - you should then release the button and press it again to make it move all the way, otherwise it doesn't count.

I've done this procedure a few times. You should also know that it's pretty easy to screw up the process so you might have to try a few times. If possible, I'd recommend automatic relearning using a diagnostic module (OBDeleven, for example) - same process but the car does it for you.

NB! When you move your seat all the way forward, double-check that you headrest is removed or at the lowest height. I broke my sun visor mirror with it while using automatic relearning as the seat went all the way up and forward and pushed the headrest into the visor before I managed to stop it.

Edited by Mardu

I expect you need the seat controller updating by a dealer.

Technical product information Transaction No.: 2049942/3
Storing seat memory positions not working Release date: 07-Feb-2019

Customer statement:
• Storing driver’s seat or front passenger’s seat positions into memory is not working.

Service centre findings:
• Entries „no basic setting“ concerning seat adjusting motors are stored in the event memory of the seat control unit.

Measure
• Online update of the memory seat control unit SW using the diagnostic tool ODIS via the measure code.

image.png.4dd1eefd5b406048fe81411fb5a896cc.png
• If the fault „Data set invalid“ is logged, check the SW version. It has always to be the latest SW version, i.e. SW 22 or 24.
• In the case of the version SW 22 or 24 with the fault entry „Data set invalid“, carry out only the parametrization of the memory seat control unit using the software configuration (SWK).

Thanks for the info guys. 

I forgot to mention that I have the VRS bucket style seats with the diamond pattern stitching, meaning I don’t have a separate head rest. 

Screen shot attached. 

02FDC8F3-1CA6-4563-A419-17688D5B7DD2.jpeg