17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)?

Hi,

My car's (octy 1 vRS) lit up its emissions light, when scanned with VAG com I got:

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!) as the fault.

1. Can anyone give me advice as to how i do this, I'm a competent if basic diy mechanic but haven't worked with a turbo car before. The car has 92000 miles with a full service and cambelt 3500 miles ago. It was re-mapped about 3000 miles ago so i guess the extra boost has probably highlighted the problem.

2. If it is the dump valve is it worth replacing with a forge item or similar or will the standard one be fine?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Andy.

Do a search on here for that fault code, you will find a fair few threads in the VAG-Com and Octavia sections that cover it pretty compehensively.

Chances are its not the DV at all, more likely to be a split hose or leaking seal. There is one threa dcalled "where does this hose go" (or similar) that will be of interest.

• 2 years later...

Millie

This thread is over 2 years old mate.

There's not much point in digging up 2 year old thread, as you have already asked about this and I've already set you up a thread about it. Try and keep too one thread please mate as it keeps the place tidy.