Mk 3 Octavia VRS (2.0 TSI) fuel filter location

Hi,

Seems like a daft question but does anyone know where the fuel filter is located on the 2.0 TSI mk 3 estate? 

I have a occasional lumpy idle, I cleaned out the inlet manifold and gave the intake valves a good clean last week but didn’t make much difference. No codes to note. Fuel filter has not been changed for quite some time. I have only recently started working on the car now it’s not worth very much and 100k+ miles but has been mine since new. 

thanks,

ali

Edited by alis

1 hour ago, Kenai said:

I think it's part of the low pressure fuel pump, not designed to be a serviceable item. 

Thanks, I think you are are right as the only place left it can be is in the lift pump. Away to stealers just now for a part so will ask the question to the guy at the parts desk. 

Does the lumpy idle only happen at startup, or for 5-10 minutes after startup? 

Might be the cam angle sensors, I had the same thing on mine, lumpy idle for a while, then it sorts itself out, no fault codes, but checking the specified value against the actual value for the cam angle sensors on OBDII showed a discrepancy between them for the intake. Replaced the sensor, no more issues.