Dreaded looping

Have you tried the SWL Download CD from above?

swl_fix.iso
This is used if the unit is stuck with Gateway Error 202 or similar and is unable
to boot after the upgrade. It’s based on the 272x firmware but can be used to recover
RNS 510’s running any version. Insert the media into the RNS 510 and start a
new SWL process by pressing Setup + Eject +Info/Mic (top right hand button next to the DVD slot).
It will attempt to restore a new SWL process and will enable it to boot up.
(Thanks again to Josi)

I feel pretty thick because I didn't really understand the last fix that was passed..my lad will he home soon and he might be able to offer his old dad sone help.theres no hope for me.

Just want to day thanks for all help..sadly although you can hear the unit whirring and stiff when cd/dvd go in its not doing anything.had power disconnected hoping that would maybe reset unit but no change..looks like i may have to get a refurbished unit...all the ones i have seen have one less connection than mine but figure that it is not an important lead.

• Sad 1

3T0 035 681 C

Fitted from 27.05.2013 to 04.11.2013

502888473_3T0035681C.thumb.png.c68f8a7bd457f1c9677860b77ffcbd4c.png

3T0 035 681 A

Fitted up to 04.11.2013

No DAB or Digital TV reception

1042000679_3T0035681A.thumb.png.8f0af4ae09e1b86f73b6958b4228f27d.png

Ideally try to get your exact fitted part, but grab the first choice for it has DAB that (unless you listen to CD's)

10 minutes ago, varooom said:

3T0 035 681 C

Fitted from 27.05.2013 to 04.11.2013

502888473_3T0035681C.thumb.png.c68f8a7bd457f1c9677860b77ffcbd4c.png

3T0 035 681 A

Fitted up to 04.11.2013

No DAB or Digital TV reception

1042000679_3T0035681A.thumb.png.8f0af4ae09e1b86f73b6958b4228f27d.png

Ideally try to get your exact fitted part, but grab the first choice for it has DAB that (unless you listen to CD's)

The ones I jave seen have been C...mine ends in N bit only seen 1 of those and it was more than I wanted to pay...my car is an early 2015 mk11 ...not really bothered about DAB...just need it to be compatible with the Bluetooth module and have sat nav and the radio of course 👍 the climatic blower suddenly stopped working  monday but that seems an easier thing to sort.

• Like 1

I think I must have seen same ones on eBay, someone is selling with a possible rebate if you send in your old one.

Can the radio still play CD's?

If yes, have you tried to see if it can play one you have burnt (in order to test the laser can read the CD's that have been recorded)

One of the units for sale ends in K...but i know which seller you mean.not tried a burnt CD...cant remember last time I did one apart from the software one....but a normal CD doesn't work...its a real shame because you can hear the unit seeming like it has some life in there somewhere 

I have see one model 3TOO35680 K..no dab but seller says fits superb including my year.on the back where the blue plug and white plug are of which I have both to the top of that my unit has an extra input...not seen another rear of unit like it so I assume that's the N bit of the code.

11 minutes ago, Carl248 said:

I have see one model 3T0035680 K..no dab but seller says fits superb including my year.on the back where the blue plug and white plug are of which I have both to the top of that my unit has an extra input...not seen another rear of unit like it so I assume that's the N bit of the code.

Try and look for anything that is 3T0 035 686 X where it has last 3 digits of 686 seems they are nearly always DAB with PR Code: QV3 = Digital radio reception

The X doesn't matter too much for now, mainly a revision as such.

See what you can locate with those parameters.

Attached a printout of all the numbers, something you can sift through.

SUP 2015(F) 035-003.pdf

Spoiler

This is the rear of my unit..I have seen most on ebay and none appear to have thar top input above the blue and white inputs.does anyone know what that input is for..Cheers20220821_102730.thumb.jpg.031134da9720efaaca9177203d29f76a.jpg

21 minutes ago, varooom said:

Here you go Carl,

My gut said DAB, and our survey said...

670900864_DABPlug1.thumb.png.f62bea3c924540563a7cb6639264e5b1.png

That is great.thanks for this...as dab doesn't bother me going to opt for the one I mentioned on ebay and like you said he has offered me £100 for old one so thats ok.i am sure the Bluetooth connection is amongst there somewhere...

Carl

54 minutes ago, Carl248 said:

That is great.thanks for this...as dab doesn't bother me going to opt for the one I mentioned on ebay and like you said he has offered me £100 for old one so thats ok.i am sure the Bluetooth connection is amongst there somewhere...

Carl

If it's same person we are thinking of, then you should take him up on the offer of coding your VIN into the new unit before it's dispatched (should then be plug and play AFAIK)

39 minutes ago, varooom said:

If it's same person we are thinking of, then you should take him up on the offer of coding your VIN into the new unit before it's dispatched (should then be plug and play AFAIK)

I have spoken via,ebay and he has said it doesn't need coding only of it was a vw it was going.he is someone called something  like rcd310..am about to confirm with him.which software he has loaded so i will mention it to him again about the coding..

Have sent message but reckon I will get it bought...I don't buy much on ebay  apart from Ford RS bits from.places I know so I am always a bit dubious but guy comes across OK and has some good reviews.will let you know how i get on.

Carl

• Like 1

No need for a cardboard 🤣 refurbed unit obtained from.ebay...great service from.seller 3 day turnround...unit is unmarked and is all fitted and working..£100 for my old unit...👍👍👍👍..thanks for all the help and advice on trying to get my old unit going.....Carl

• Love it! 1

• 2 months later...
On 22/08/2022 at 20:06, varooom said:

1. For any unforeseen circumstances please copy Your navigation unit coding from VCDS/VCP
2. Download proper ISO file
3. Using some good quality CD burng ISO file using any image burning tool (Recommended to use Verbatim/TDK or similar and Imgburn software)
4. Turn Your RNS into Software upgrade mode by pushing together SETUP + EJECT + MIC (INFO) when on
5. Put Your CD into slot above the radio screen
6. Wait for update.

This sounds about right I guess, as you know I haven't used these old files ever (getting dust on NAS only)

I am also looking for 6276 or 6270 but preferably the former.  I think my hard disk died and I want to try to re-load it or swap it out for a drive I have lying around.  My reboot loop is a black screen with a flash of a white line every now and then.  I did the 3 finger salute and only then did I get couldn't load image red line SWL on the display so I know I can get it there.

9 hours ago, Rumbeard said:

I am also looking for 6276 or 6270 but preferably the former.  I think my hard disk died and I want to try to re-load it or swap it out for a drive I have lying around.  My reboot loop is a black screen with a flash of a white line every now and then.  I did the 3 finger salute and only then did I get couldn't load image red line SWL on the display so I know I can get it there.

You really do need to know your hardware fitted before you put on any random firmware.

It would be a good idea to eject the radio from car so a suitable correct firmware can be found.