Need help with Cruise Control

Cslogg

I have a 2019 SE L 1.6 TDI 115 PS DSG AUTO.

I have followed a couple of Youtube videos but I must be going wrong as I cannot set up the CC as in the videos.

I go to the left stalk move the switch on top to "on" and a small graphic appears on the bottom left of my display which the the letters "mph" and a small speedo, I think.

After that I cannot get anything to change.The "set"button on the end of the stalk does not change anything on my display and moving the stalk towards me just flashes headlights.

Moving the stalk just up/down jus indicates.

I am doing all this while car is idling on my drive.I am not going to risk experimenting while on the move.

I am not sure what I was expecting.

I assume I would turn the CC on and set a speed by some sort of graphic on the dashboard and then away I go.

Any help would be appreciated to tell me where I am going wrong.

I really need a dummies guide.

As far as I can see you are doing everything right apart from you must be moving while using the set button to set or alter the speed required.

Same for the speed limiter, the button to activate this is under the stalk if you haven't yet found it!!

Edited by Gomezz

It definately isn't the indicator stalk. It is the one you use to switch the c/c on. You don't seem to be able to activate the speed limiter using that stalk. On mine, you need to select the limiter on the central screen using the controls on the right of the steering wheel, but I rarely use it and I can't recall how to. If you do not have the digital dash then it may be different anyway.

Only the adaptive cruise control has a separate stalk, the cruise control fitted as standard uses small switches on the indicator stalk.

There is a switch on the top of the indicator stalk which is moved to the left to switch th cruise control on.  On the end of the indicator stalk is a rocker switch which reads RES+ at the top and SET- at the bottom.  Once you are driving at the speed you want to maintain press the lower edge of the rocker switch marked SET-  The speedometer symbol at the bottom of the instrument display will turn green and the car will maintain a constant speed.  You can accelerate if necessary and when you take your foot of the pedal the car will slow to the set speed.  If you press the brake pedal the set speed is cancelled.  The speedometer symbol then turns white.  Alternatively moving the switch on the top of the indicator stalk to the right against spring pressure cancels the set speed (moving the switch all the way to the right turns of the cruise control altogether.

To resume the set speed, press the upper edge of the rocker switch marked RES+ and the car will accelerate to the previously set speed.  Pressing SET- will set the current speed as the new set speed.  When the cruise control is engaged (green speedometer symbol lit) pressing RES+ increases the set speed and SET- decreases the set speed.

On early cars the speed limiter was a press button under the indicator stalk.  Later ones, including mine, have the limiter buried in the driver assist menu accessed by a button on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, JollyGardener said:

Only the adaptive cruise control has a separate stalk, the cruise control fitted as standard uses small switches on the indicator stalk.

There is a switch on the top of the indicator stalk which is moved to the left to switch th cruise control on.  On the end of the indicator stalk is a rocker switch which reads RES+ at the top and SET- at the bottom.  Once you are driving at the speed you want to maintain press the lower edge of the rocker switch marked SET-  The speedometer symbol at the bottom of the instrument display will turn green and the car will maintain a constant speed.  You can accelerate if necessary and when you take your foot of the pedal the car will slow to the set speed.  If you press the brake pedal the set speed is cancelled.  The speedometer symbol then turns white.  Alternatively moving the switch on the top of the indicator stalk to the right against spring pressure cancels the set speed (moving the switch all the way to the right turns of the cruise control altogether.

To resume the set speed, press the upper edge of the rocker switch marked RES+ and the car will accelerate to the previously set speed.  Pressing SET- will set the current speed as the new set speed.  When the cruise control is engaged (green speedometer symbol lit) pressing RES+ increases the set speed and SET- decreases the set speed.

On early cars the speed limiter was a press button under the indicator stalk.  Later ones, including mine, have the limiter buried in the driver assist menu accessed by a button on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

Thanks for that.That makes it clearer.

On 27/08/2022 at 08:59, Gomezz said:

As far as I can see you are doing everything right apart from you must be moving while using the set button to set or alter the speed required.

Same for the speed limiter, the button to activate this is under the stalk if you haven't yet found it!!

This is the answer.

You have learned to switch the cruise on. The dash shows this where the present total miles are shown.

While driving you simply press SET when you reach your chosen speed.

Subsequent presses will increase cruise setting by 1mph.  Press the lower (minus) will decrease by 1mph.

My cruise buttons are probably the most used buttons on my cars and bike.

Edited by BoxerBoy

From 22.25 minutes this video shows you how to use Skoda Karoq cruise control.

Karoq-cruisecontrol.JPG