Thule Roof Bars

chatlow

Hi all,

We have a 21 plate Karoq sportline. Looking at the Thule website for roof bars and some results are a bit miss-leading. Two questions:

1. They have recommended both the 127cm aero bars as well some 118cm bars. Measured the width and seems 118 would be OK, but Halfords also suggest only using the 127cm. What have others gone for?

2. The footpack. A friend has got the older 757 pack which was recommended for the Karoq 2018+ I've checked the profile of this clamp and the inside edge doesnt seem to match the profile of the rail. The outside does and fits well. Again, has anyone used this pack? The newer version is the 7104 which I will look into but also costs quite a bit more than the 757 I've been offered.

Thanks,

38 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

That inside edge is not fitting properly go with the recommended pack

the 757 footpack is the recommended pack for the Karoq. Its been superseded by the 7104 but should still fit. I'm reading that inside block can be moved slightly, so will loosen later and take another look

I use Thule 775 feet on 127cm Aerobars, which are items I already had from my previous Golfs. (Note: the 775 is not a typo (!) for your 757 feet, they have a strap that runs under the roof rail and clasp the feet down onto the rail.)

Chris 

They have a flat profile that fits on the top of the roof rail (with a flexible rubber section that flattens out) and the rubber strip under the roof rail pulls it down. So there is no 'claw' to fit under the roof rail.

This shows them, but fitted to a wingbar :

Thule 775.jpeg

for anyone that is interested or ends up in similar situation...the 7104 foot pack is also very similar to the older 757 which it superseded - makes sense really. It does mean that the inner clamp isn't flush with the rail on a >2018 Skoda, only the small flap on the outside part of it that covers the open distance. See below. Thule have confirmed both are perfectly fine and safe of up the stated 100KG limit. Will be re-fitting mine later :-)

7104.png

Edited by chatlow