Mk4 Diesel Vrs first service.

phh683

A standard oil and inspection service is £185 per Skoda website.  (Some dealers might charge less) . Shouldn’t need the £60 extended scope at first fixed service.

Basically is an oil change, checking fluids, checking tyres, and a wash.   If there are any recalls or service campaigns they will often get done (but usually have to ask).   Might also update software.   In other words not a lot actually happens over the checks you could do at home apart from new oil and filter.

Thank you surryjohn, I was charged £229.00 for an oil change when I questioned what had been done they said checked the car over.  They also said oil prices had rocketed. No software updates as the Skoda factory was off line. Did not wash car as they had done away jet wash ( no hosepipe ban in the area)

Be interesting what other members think......

Ï had first service before car even asked. After 16k Km (10k Miles) just filter and oil and soft upldate. I specificaly tell them that I do not want anything else. Car was just 7months old. With work I paid something aroud 175gbp. 

Edit - sorry I missed  the title. I have Petrol 2,0L engine. So it will be probably a little bit different.

Edited by JirikH

@phh683

You never said what mileage your car had done.

?

So was that a 1st Service @ 1 year (372 days) because you asked for a Fixed Service Regime or the car came on that.

Or have you done over 9,400 miles.

The car could have been on a Variable / Flexible service as it left the factory, so 24 Months / 18,000-20,000 miles.

That would have been a Oil & Inspection Service with a Pollen filter change and the price you paid. 

I feel you were ripped off as you had a Oil Service & Inspection which is no more than was required. Brake Inspections are free.

The VW 508 00 / 509 00 has not increased that much.

The thing about the Skoda Fixed Price Service & Maintenance price at Participating or even p!ss taking dealers is that is not really a price 

for a 1st Service if the car is on a Fixed Service Regime. It is a ripp off. 

Screenshot 2022-09-05 11.54.39.png

Edited by roottoot

New cars, 1 year old, under 10,000 miles, put on a Fixed Service @ a PDI without the owner being asked really just needs what was an Oil Service up to 2020.

Unless a Owner did really want more, but an extra amount paid really got nothing more at 372 days or sooner and under 10,000 miles.

827614452_SkodaFixedPriceServicing.JPG.3dbea7606c029076ed94e2f0216199b6.jpeg.689c25a185d90e4e44889f342770023b.jpeg

On 05/09/2022 at 11:52, roottoot said:

@phh683

You never said what mileage your car had done.

?

So was that a 1st Service @ 1 year (372 days) because you asked for a Fixed Service Regime or the car came on that.

Or have you done over 9,400 miles.

The car could have been on a Variable / Flexible service as it left the factory, so 24 Months / 18,000-20,000 miles.

That would have been a Oil & Inspection Service with a Pollen filter change and the price you paid. 

I feel you were ripped off as you had a Oil Service & Inspection which is no more than was required. Brake Inspections are free.

The VW 508 00 / 509 00 has not increased that much.

The thing about the Skoda Fixed Price Service & Maintenance price at Participating or even p!ss taking dealers is that is not really a price 

for a 1st Service if the car is on a Fixed Service Regime. It is a ripp off. 

Screenshot 2022-09-05 11.54.39.png

Hello roottoot, 

My car is on variable servicing. Had the car since Jan 2021 done 7600mls. I am due to go to Scotland for my 2nd road trip, the oil service indicator has been lit up for 2months so thought it would be good opportunity to get 1st service done.

No software update due to the factory (skoda) being off line. Car going back into garage in October for the updates.

Reading interim service it seems I may have paid a premium for very little work carried out.  

• Thanks 1

There was a mis setting of the service indicator than because the oil was not needing changed at 18 months /. 7,600 miles.    Was the PDI done Jan 2021, and the car registered then ?      No matter if you had been taking the car to the track and oil change would not have shown if on Variable Servicing. 

15 hours ago, roottoot said:

There was a mis setting of the service indicator than because the oil was not needing changed at 18 months /. 7,600 miles.    Was the PDI done Jan 2021, and the car registered then ?      No matter if you had been taking the car to the track and oil change would not have shown if on Variable Servicing. 

I assume the PDI and car registered about the same time.  I will be wary of the garage in future.  I do have a Skoda garage local to me but they do not have a good reputation.  Hence bought car from another county. 

Thanks to everyone for their input.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2022 at 12:38, phh683 said:

Thank you surryjohn, I was charged £229.00 for an oil change when I questioned what had been done they said checked the car over.  They also said oil prices had rocketed. No software updates as the Skoda factory was off line. Did not wash car as they had done away jet wash ( no hosepipe ban in the area)

Be interesting what other members think......

Probably done you a favor by not washing it... swirl central!

Everything else, sounds like rubbish, id be making sure all the software is up to date and telling them to check again when the skoda factory is online? at their expense, not yours.

Always book servicing online, its done at a fixed price.

8 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

Probably done you a favor by not washing it... swirl central!

Everything else, sounds like rubbish, id be making sure all the software is up to date and telling them to check again when the skoda factory is online? at their expense, not yours.

Always book servicing online, its done at a fixed price.

Thank you apertureS I will remember to book online. The car will be going back to the garage in October to have the software updates..