Hands-Free phone problem

I have a 2016 Skoda Octavia with (I think) the Amundsen MiB2 infotainment unit. There is a problem with the hands-free phone.

The person making the call from the car finds no problem at all. But the person receiving the call - or, if you prefer, the person outside the car - can barely hear what the driver is saying. They can speak and be heard clearly in the car, but even with their own volume turned right up, they can only hear a whisper from the driver.

Initially I thought this must be a fault with the microphone in the car (and maybe it is), but when the voice commands are used - eg, when placing a call from the car - the car appears to have no trouble hearing what you have said. So unless there are two separate microphones, I'd guess this is a software issue.

Has anyone experienced this before? If it is software, is there a way to re-boot the hands-free system?

Thanks. I am not sure I need a software update: I was thinking of a simple re-boot.

But for what it is worth, when I hold down the menu key, the information is:

Installed Software Train Version: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0361T

Installed SW MU Version: 0361

Part Number 5Q00358748

Software version: H28.28.174_STD2Nav_EU

Does this mean anything in particular?

Thanks. I am not sure I need a software update: I was thinking of a simple re-boot.

But for what it is worth, when I hold down the menu key, the information is:

Installed Software Train Version: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0361T

Installed SW MU Version: 0361

Part Number 5Q00358748

Software version: H28.28.174_STD2Nav_EU

Does this mean anything in particular?

Thank you again. My handbook identified a fuse for the radio, but there was in fact no fuse in that position. Could it be the fuse for the infotainment screen - the little screen in front of the steering wheel? I am a little reluctant to just pull out fuses at random until the radio stops playing. There seem to be an awful lot of them, many of which are distinctly inaccessible for someone my age.

I can see that the radio is always supplied with electricity (as you can turn it on without having the ignition key in). Is it likely that cutting power to it will effect a re-set? I'd have no problem finding the Radio pre-sets again, but I'd like to believe this might actually work to change the way the hands-free phone operates.

Oh, you've already posted this information.

As mentioned you have MU version 0361

Available 0369.

If you want to reboot without fuse pulling, just hold down the volume button until you see the boot logo, about 10 seconds roughly.

Edited by varooom
Spellink

Thank you again. My handbook identified a fuse for the radio, but there was in fact no fuse in that position. Could it be the fuse for the infotainment screen - the little screen in front of the steering wheel? I am a little reluctant to just pull out fuses at random until the radio stops playing. There seem to be an awful lot of them, many of which are distinctly inaccessible for someone my age.

I can see that the radio is always supplied with electricity (as you can turn it on without having the ignition key in). Is it likely that cutting power to it will effect a re-set? I'd have no problem finding the Radio pre-sets again, but I'd like to believe this might actually work to change the way the hands-free phone operates.

Thanks again. That is an easy and effective way to reboot the radio (holding the volume control for 10 seconds or so). Unfortunately it made no difference to the fault with the hands-free phone operation.

I think I will have to go back to the dealer and can try prising out the microphone.

• Like 1

Thanks again. Now I know that the key words are "microphone sensitivity", I am at least heading in the right direction. Which will still be back to the dealer, and they can get it right.

• Like 1