2.0 TSI Engine Covers.

Coburg

• 6 months later...

As part of the ongoing saga, I understand there is also now a 06Q103925N version which I've read is spec'ed for 180kW and above 2.0TSI engines.  I guess VRS owners will sleep happy knowing this. 😉

19 hours ago, Dappernut said:

I guess VRS owners will sleep happy knowing this. 😉

If my car goes in for its service in a few weeks and ends up with a new engine cover, I’ll push the car home so as to not ruin what must be the best engineered part on the whole damn thing, given the length of time it has taken to get the replacements sorted 🤣.

Picked my new Kodiaq up last night, its not a VRS but is the 2.0TSI 190PS Petrol L&K and had a quick look under the bonnet and it had a cover on it.

That's progress then.  I've been waiting 4 months for the dealer to get a piece of replacement external trim with not even any excuses.  I bet it ends up quicker to have anew car built. 😒

Should count myself lucky however.  Daughter in law's Disco Sport has been off the road for months and months waiting on two new turbos under warranty.  Wonder if they fixed the oiling problem, first?  See you next month for another two! 😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/10/2023 at 12:46, Yogi-Bear said:

If my car goes in for its service in a few weeks and ends up with a new engine cover, I’ll push the car home so as to not ruin what must be the best engineered part on the whole damn thing, given the length of time it has taken to get the replacements sorted 🤣.

In my defence, the service bloke said there was nothing about an engine cover on the job sheet when he gave me the keys back this afternoon, so I didn’t push it home… but when I checked after getting home, I nearly fainted as I discovered they had fitted one.

Will see if I can check the part no. on it at some point.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there skoda-land, breaking-in for the first time. Bought my vRS at ten month old, no cover fitted, was told that my car had been delivered to dealership without the cover. I went to the breakers, online, and bought one for £60 p&p inc. Fits perfect and tidies the bonnet area, which i thought looked ugly without one. It is made of noise suppressing foam and has a smooth surface. Made the visual check that it did not touch the hot area around the turbo. When i contacted skodaparts to enquire about the cover, i was told they could not even find part number?!

To change subject does any one out there have some knowledge on installing a cd player/changer in the 'face-lift' Kodiaq vRS. Have had the glovebox out, and checked where the cd player was on my previous L&K, it appears to be some form of amplifier hooked up to the head unit via DIN connectors and other plug-ins. Really lost without my preferred choice of music, sucks having to listen to under-tens-music on national radio, and Greatest Hits repeats to much, local radio isn't any better. 

14 hours ago, plastictaff said:

I went to the breakers, online, and bought one for £60 p&p inc. Fits perfect and tidies the bonnet area, which i thought looked ugly without one. It is made of noise suppressing foam and has a smooth surface. Made the visual check that it did not touch the hot area around the turbo.

The issue is that the cover can come off the mountings when driving - not that it touches anything when it is parked up and not moving. What you've done there is spend £60 on a fire hazard. If you take your vehicle to a Skoda dealership, they should be able to look up the recalls that are applicable to your car, and one of those should be for the engine cover - at which point they should source you a new version for free.

14 hours ago, plastictaff said:

To change subject

...one usually starts a new topic 😉.

I think the simple answer, however, is to bring yourself kicking and screaming into the 21st century and rip your CDs to mp3 (or other compatible format of choice) and use a USB stick. Or hook your phone up and use Spotify/Apple Music/other streaming service of choice.

Even if you could physically connect a CD drive to the system, I'd bet the MIB3 unit (as opposed to the MIB2 unit in your old L&K) won't even know what one is.

• 3 months later...

Eighteen months after picking up my new car minus its engine cover I took my car yesterday to the main dealer for an oil change. When I booked the service I was informed that an engine cover would be fitted. However when I collected the car I lifted the bonnet to discover no engine cover had been fitted. On returning to service reception to raise the subject I was informed that they didn’t have any in stock ….. so the wait goes on! Throughout the 18 month wait Skoda UK have been worse than useless and despite numerous calls to the dealership I have never succeeded in actually speaking to the Service Manager.

I have had three new Skodas in the last six years, however the next time I spend over £40+ grand on a car I’ll make sure it’s not a Skoda.