Draining fuel from mk2 Octavia vRS

Well sadly my vRS has had it. The engine has gone (chain/tensioner more than likely) and I don't have the money/time etc to get it sorted so it'll be going to a salvage company to keep other Mk2 Octavia vRS' going.

As it has 1/2 tank of fuel in it I'd like that to come with me. Are there any easy/safe ways to get the fuel out without causing any damage to the car? yes I could puncture the tank etc but then I'll get less for it so need to do it as easily and without causing any damage etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If the fuel tank sender is under the rear seat that could provide access. Petrol is very dangerous and one spark/wrong move could cause an explosion so please be careful.

On our 1.4 TSI golf 2008 I managed to take a fuel pipe off from the engine end use a hand pump bought cheaply from a motor factors with various pipes and hand pump it into Jerry cans. I preferred that rather than damage the fuel pipes under the seat and risk the car not being driven away by the salvage company. 

Oh yeah I'd never muck about with fuel...hence wondering if there was an easy/safe way of doing it. I've got a cyphen pump so it's just getting to the fuel to use it or being able to take the fuel line off at the filter/pump and pumping it out.

On 15/09/2022 at 10:31, a7snt101 said:

Oh yeah I'd never muck about with fuel...hence wondering if there was an easy/safe way of doing it. I've got a cyphen pump so it's just getting to the fuel to use it or being able to take the fuel line off at the filter/pump and pumping it out.

How about disconnecting a fuel line as Gav_is-_con suggests and just using the vehicles fuel pump?