Phone call Bluetooth not working FIX

Hi all, just thought I'd post a fix I managed to find for some having issues with phone calls not playing through the car stereo when connected to Bluetooth.

So my issue was the phone was connected absolutely fine to Bluetooth and Android Auto, music would play through the speakers fine from the phone (even without android Auto plugged in), however whenever I made a call from my phone or received one it wouldn't play through the speakers of the car, even though the phone stated it was playing through the Skoda. It would just play through the phones normal internal speakers rendering hands free useless!

I checked all settings, re-paired over and over, nothing seemed to work until I found a post online stating to switch on "Disable Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload" in the Developer Settings on your phone. Once I did this it instantly starting working as normal. I'm not sure what the equivalent would be for iPhones if there is one, but I'm sure Google can help out with that!

For those who can't see Developer Settings, have a quick Google on how to unlock it, then scroll down till you find the above setting and enable the toggle.

Hope this is of some use to some as it rattled my brain for ages and I couldn't find a definitive answer!

Screenshot_20221002-120758.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

*2016 Skoda Superb SEL Executive Estate*

I have a similar issue ... my audio plays through all speakers in the car but when I get a phone call it only comes out of the small speaker next to the handle on driver side... ive had the car nearly 2 years and this issue has been going on a couple months now... tried the above settings bit no difference 😮‍💨

• 1 month later...

**Update**

Found out the speakers needed replacing... now both front door speakers have been replaced I now have Call Audio and music audio going through all speakers as it should