Looking to buy a vrs estate

Andymtb

Hi Evereyone

Just joined today but i have been following for a while, so i currently own  an astra h 1.9cdti  sri  for the past 11 years almost 112k and its getting time for an upgrade, i  am seriously concidering a vrs estate i have around 20k inc current car which i will part ex. So the big question is petrol or diesel as all this ULEZ crap makes for harder descision current car has no dpf and its only 10mile round trip for work. I need the estate for mountain biking /fishing . I want a manual with the alcantara interior and i know petrol would make more sense i drive up to 10k a year question is 230 v 245 models  2017/18 , i read somewhere the tsi engine prefers super unleaded as E10 seems to cause issues but super is the same as diesel for less mpg . How reliable is the  tsi engine. any advice would be great.

Had my tsi220 for four years now never missed a beat ,going off your milage petrol would be your best bet ,as for the tsi prefering super unleaded its not true ,i used to run mine on it but then started using e10 ,it made zero difference to the car performance wise car was just as lively ,mebbe lost a mile or two to the gallon on a long run but you dont really buy a vrs if fuel efficiency worries you . 

Thanks for the reply good to hear no issues fuel wise what av mpg you getting, when driven sensibly🤪 or foot down , i see yours is meteor grey 👍 that would be my first choice followed by met grey

Around town anywhere between 22 to 32 usually high twenties best on a long run is 42 mpg ,but i dont drive with mpg in mind so mebbe others get better than me .

Edited by Mickvrs220
Spelling

No all ive done to mine is change the grill surround to a black one debadged the rear ,not a fan of lettering ,major service last year ,oil change every twelve months and spent the last three and half years polishing the life out of it .

Sounds right to me mines a modest 118bhp so an extra 100 horses would be nice, only fitted heko deflectors did have bluefin map on a few years back but took it off as insurance just kept going up, lesson learned just buy something quicker in the first place.