67 reg Octavia full service and MOT questions

I've recently had my 2.0D sel Octavia in for a full service as the indicator was coming up. I was quoted 280 quid by a local independent garage. 

To my surprise when I collected it, they had changed the wipers, now I should have challenged this with them at the time but I don't believe the old wipers were not working as they should, last time I used them they were fine.

Are wiper blades a service item? 

And secondly, the car came without a spare wheel, it had the gunk and compressor, I've since added a spare wheel and tool kit. 

Do I need to leave the gunk and compressor in for the MOT ? I'm wanting to remove the gunk as I think it is close to the date not that I would ever use it.

Thanks in advance 👍

Thanks for your replies, I'll be removing the gunk and I'll be letting them know not to conjure up false add on's to bump up the bill in future.

I would have been happier them trying to tell/show me that they were getting ready for changing, I could have done it much cheaper for the same Bosch wipers. If I felt they needed it.