GPS warning stickers

mrgf

Spoiler

I have recently come across a guy who produces nice little stickers warning of the vehicle being equipped with a GPS tracker system , which are discrete and yet functional enough to help deter the would be thief from separating you from your pride and joy  

they are inexpensive, you get 5 stickers usually, although they also sell some with the actual registration number too, which I think come on sets of 4 for some reason and are slightly pricier but still good value  

the seller is called Platinum Place LTD and the website is www.shop4stickers.co.U.K. Though I initially came across them on eBay  

they do various versions for different car brands as they have the brand logo and do look quite nice and realistic, if you only had them and no gps tracking applied I will try to upload a picture of the relevant Skoda ones for your information but please be aware, I am in no way affiliated with the seller, just passing on what might be of interest to other members here  

Just FYI, the guy does them in either white text, black text or red text, all on clear backing, which sticks to the inside of the windows. Quite small but visible and a potential deterrent to would be scum-bags!

People probably only liable to steal a Mk2 Fabia to get the Glass with the sticker on, or on the unlikely possibility that there is a GPS tracker fitted.

Thieves are probably not as gullible or as easily parted with money as those buying these stickers. 

EDIT.

Good it is moved to another section.

'Chuckle of the day' might have suited the product.      Skoda can not get much of the IT, Sat Nav or SOS trch that is fitted to work. 

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

And if a Skoda vehicle were fitted with a Skoda GPS tracking device, if such a thing even exists, then would it have a sticker advertising the fact let alone that exact one?

If they do then the seller is breaching copyright, if they don't then you are paying to advertise that your vehicle is not protected.

Security information is etched onto the glass, the outline of the sticker is even visible on a forum photograph.

Who do you think knows more about vehicle security, an anxious gullible purchaser or a criminal?

Edited by J.R.

That’s me told then!

of course a professional thief will know it’s a fake but there are plenty of very cheap tracking systems out there you can buy so a warning sticker may well deter a joy rider and it won’t tell the idiot what system it actually is or where it’s fitted. Many alarm systems have warning stickers to pop in the window to warn you they have one and many people will fit just a warning so what is the difference? If you like the idea, fine but there was absolutely no need to go all “shoot this idea down in flames” on it. After all, I have seen, heard and read some of the ideas , mods or accessories that some people have fitted to their vehicles some great and others laughable!

Just on the subject of trackers South Yorkshire police reported recerntly that they had located and recovered a stolen BMW as the owner had left an Apple Airtag in it... 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, roottoot said:

If someone steals my car to rag, strip parts from or even just go dogging in i do not want it recovered. 

It looked to have been a professional steal...   But recovered after a few hours, along with those who took it! 

• Like 1

On 24/10/2022 at 09:55, Kenny R said:

With that reply it looks like you do have some affiliation with the vendor.

Nope!  
I stated that right from the beginning. I saw, liked and wished to inform others of the possibility of having such an item. As for genuine equipment, my Fabia has a (now well faded) sticker on the drivers side door, warning of an immobiliser being fitted to the car. This undoubtedly deters the minor league scumbags from nicking the vehicle. (Some would argue that so does the Skoda badge). I would suggest most new cars had this and I doubt most owners wanted to remove it. As for trackers, my replacement to the Fabia tells me where it is, on my iPhone so having a sticker like this on it, which I have purchased, can only be a preventative measure!

Edited by mrgf

Even 10 year old car thieves know which cars have immobilisers and that will be just about every car on the road they want unless a classic.

Car crime is a big story in Scotland today. 

The police actions so poor and theft so easy, that is high value cars and low value cars, car thief's take anything. 

Stickers are as worth as Snickers. 

If you want a deterrent drive a Skoda, just not a Fabia Mk1 or Classic, mabye an Octavia Mk1 because they like them. 

Saying that, Police Scotland have improved their recovery statistics. 

Skoda & Audi....

http://edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-police-recover-two-stolen-25335025