How to open the sunroof on our '94 Forman

We.'ve owned our '94 forman wagon forever (it was parked for 5 years.)  Over the past few years I've going completely through it, and now EVERYTHING has either been replaced, upgraded, or rebuilt. It rides, handles, and runs better than a new one. We leave our new cars at home, and  always drive it when we go on trips because it's comfortable, economical and fun to drive. One of these days, I'll get around to having it painted.

I still have 2 problems with it: First, I have never been able to get the sunroof open. No matter how hard I try to turn the crank in either direction, it refuses to break loose. The manual does not tell which direction to turn the crank to open it.  Even if it did, I don't read Czechoslovak or whatever Eastern European language it's written in. Does the small lever on the front of thI've included pics of the crank assy in this post.

Second, I want to replace the stock steering wheel (which is toast) with an aftermarket wheel, but can't locate a Skoda steering column adapter kit. Does some model of VW steering wheel fit our Forman ?? I can get a kit for VWs.

Anyone have the answers to these Questions ?? Help please !!

- JAMES

P.S.     I'll post the pics in a minute or two

Edited by JAMES399

Site deleted some of my post. Supposed to say, " Does the small lever on the front of the crank assy have anything to do with it ?? I can't get it to move in any direction either."

9 hours ago, JAMES399 said:

Second, I want to replace the stock steering wheel (which is toast) with an aftermarket wheel, but can't locate a Skoda steering column adapter kit. Does some model of VW steering wheel fit our Forman ?? I can get a kit for VWs.

Felicia up to 1997 will fit. 

Felicia with airbag used steering wheel from MK3 Golf with an adaptor ring (6U0419514) but the steering wheel was deeper, so they had to modify steering column and switches, too - you'd have to do the same with any VW steering wheel.

• Thanks 1

Is the lever you mention actually a push button?  I seem to recall something similar on a Fiesta years ago where you had to press a locking button before the crank would turn. 

17 hours ago, JAMES399 said:

I don't read Czechoslovak or whatever Eastern European language it's written in.

The Google Lens on your smartphone can help a little to read text in manuals written in those languages.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/8981867/

82d0b06s-960.jpg

Alejandria, Antioquia: names from Greek Kings, keep in mind that you spell the letter D exactly as us the Greeks ''Delta" (Δελτα) since the spanish language has many Greek words inside.

Watching Netflix the series about Pablo i have noticed many Greek words in dialogue among actors.