Glove box: took it off now can't get it back on. :)

jifster

Hi all, took the glove box off to try and install a cable through to the battery, only to find the power cable for my sub woofer is using the space. Doh! i should have checked the other side first.

Now, I can't get the glove box back on. Is there a knack to this?  I can't seem to get the screws lined up into the holes and of course I can't see when the glove box is held in place waiting.

Probably something silly I am doing and I feel like the least practical person in the whole world.

Garry

Edited by jifster

Had mine out three times & never had an issue. Have you got the little A/C pipe and glovebox light wires in the right position?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TMB said:

Have you got the little A/C pipe and glovebox light wires in the right position?

This is what caused me a few problems when removing the glovebox out of my Mk1. Took me a little footering to get it right.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks TMB, not had a chance to give it another go yet due to the weather. I'll see if any of those items are in the way before trying again.

I did use little thin screw drivers to line up the holes and still when I put a screw in it just won't bite.

I may be wrong but from memory of a long time ago doesn't the bottom back of the glove box need to slot into a support first and then you lift it and push back to locate the top and then put the screws in

No, it just has screws. If the screws won't bite it's possible that one or two of the speed nuts has fallen off.

N-90698801.png

Starting at 6:20.....

Edited by TMB

• 1 month later...