Software Niggles!

AllanDJ

I see a fair few mentions of software issues with these cars, just wondering whether a software update would actually fix this?

Since collecting my SEL Estate car in January it has given me a wide variety of different warning notifications. Everything from parking brake, hillhold, front assist, parking sensors as being faulty or not working. The messages usually vanish after a short time but are annoying.

Last night when returning to the car after a walk photographing local waterfalls. I found the screen showing me this. Clima with a green circle moving around it and heated seats blanked out. Tried switching it off and on again but was stuck with it like that all the way home. Today it was back to normal again but it makes a mockery of what is fundamentally a good car, when you can’t access simple functions like heated seats or air conditioning because Skoda removed the buttons and left them as virtual blobs on a screen.

Obviously, the infotainment system has issues. I find it remarkably unfriendly to use, having to delve into menus to adjust the air conditioning. It still won’t let me set favourite contacts on my iPhone and every so often reprogrammes my preset radio stations. Switching the station I’m trying to change to, making it the same as the station it was on originally. I wish they’d left the infotainment system and physical buttons much the same as in the mark 3 Octavia!

2C1CE660-05FB-413F-A4AB-6CDAA6200580.jpeg

781230FF-DF4D-44E5-B91B-B2D7342C7B12.jpeg

632599A9-6D93-4E5E-8A4E-83E629714C41.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Those photos deserve to be in the Photography Section. 👍

Thanks John, used to do photography years ago for Tourist Boards and Calendars!

• Like 1

Great photos AllanDJ! I have had software glitches with our Octavia iV Combo but if you hold the on button until the screen image disappears (bottom left of your head unit display) then press it to come on again, it will reboot the unit and this clears any minor issues. As for the aircon, the +/- buttons can set temperatures with only a brief glance to locate them or even better the voice control works well and understands plain English.

• Like 1

A software update applied to mine last month included fixes for the Clima system, amongst others.

I find that there is a heavy dew on the car it can cause the front assist to report errors for the first 1/2 mile or so. Same could apply to rear sensors I guess but I haven’t experienced it.

Check your radio settings. The default quick change (buttons on the left spoke of steering wheel) is to flick through all stations. Those stations will change depending on location and signal strength; change it to cycle through favourites for more consistency.