My Skoda making noise. What could it be?

Hi
 I have a Skoda superb from 2010.
 It has started sound more and more.  it's a howling tone. When you brake its stopped and as soon you releases the brake it comes back again.  At first it only came on once in a while and now it is on all the time.  I have noticed that when I have more weight in the car the more constant tone noice come.  Also when driving 110km.

What could it be?  I have had the handbrake on the lift checked.  And the wheels turn fine without a sound.  So there is no brake sticking either as they turn fine.

However, the car is driven very little, once or twice a week.

Could it be shock absorbers or wheel bearings.  Or something completely different.  I'm not a mechanic.  Someone who can help.

Edited by Tabarak

Sounds like a worn wheel bearing hub to me. The hub and wheel bearings are all in one, so easy to replace.

Get one of those infra red thermometers and when you've come back from a good run in the car, check the temperatures of both hubs (heat should transfer to brake disc, so easy to check with wheels on). If one side is hotter than the other, you know it is a worn wheel bearing hub.

On 30/10/2022 at 21:13, Smart Pro said:

Sounds like a worn wheel bearing hub to me. The hub and wheel bearings are all in one, so easy to replace.

Get one of those infra red thermometers and when you've come back from a good run in the car, check the temperatures of both hubs (heat should transfer to brake disc, so easy to check with wheels on). If one side is hotter than the other, you know it is a worn wheel bearing hub.

Hi. Thanks for your help. I just find out that the back right side is much hotter than the other ones. I burn my finger on the bad one and the other one I could keep my fingers on. So now i have to go to the mechanic and tell them to change the bearing hub. I will let you know after changing the parts. Thanks

No, you have a dragging handbrake on the RH rear wheel.

Even a bearing where the wheel is about to fall of will not generate any measurable amount of additional heat compared to that already present from the brake discs.

But it's good that you have found the cause, it will be the handbrake mechanism on the caliper not returning fully which you can see from the angle of the operating arm, some people fit an additional spring that was a standard fitment on earlier calipers to overcome the problem.

21 minutes ago, J.R. said:

No, you have a dragging handbrake on the RH rear wheel.

Even a bearing where the wheel is about to fall of will not generate any measurable amount of additional heat compared to that already present from the brake discs.

But it's good that you have found the cause, it will be the handbrake mechanism on the caliper not returning fully which you can see from the angle of the operating arm, some people fit an additional spring that was a standard fitment on earlier calipers to overcome the problem.

We try to spin the wheel on the lift and its spin with no sound. Then i take the hand breake up and the wheel jam, so the hand break working. And we also shake the wheel but that was also ok. 
But maybe its the handbrake? Or bearing hub. Im confused now.