Opinions needed for a 5 seater kodiaq

Hi everyone

I am currently looking at getting a new skoda as i have recently found out my wife is pregnant with our 3rd which means i will need a car upgrade.

Currently i am looking at a 5 seater kodiaq and could really do with some opinions on if it is a suitable size for 3 car seats. One being a booster seat for my 7 year old.

Thank you in advance.

We have 3 kids and getting the 7 seats was the only reason I went with a Kodiaq. 3 fitted fine in the back of my Superb, but it's great just being able to split them up and give them all more room.. I would get 7 seats and use 5 if you want, but at least you'll have the option when needed..  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, technics100 said:

I would get 7 seats and use 5 if you want, but at least you'll have the option when needed..  

I was initially going to post something similar but as the ISOfix is only on the outer two rear seats ( optionally on the front ) then wouldn't it be a pain-in-the-butt having to remove one of the child seats to acess the booster kid in the rear?  That said they could always use the rear hatch door to access it but that's assuming the boot is empty.

OP - Not sure if you're aware of this but most child seat manufacturers say their seat is incompatible with the rear-most seats of a 7 seater kodiaq - it's due to the head restraint. But If you check out other posts on this you'll see that owners have overcome this by reversing that head restaint which gives the smooth surface needed for mounting a child seat, therefore it is possible. If it were me, I'd buy a 7 seater then place one baby seat in the very rear behind the booster, the booster + other child seat in row 2 then there would be tonnes of room for everyone and easy access.

This video review might help?  Kodiaq baby seat

And if you want to keep the kids amused, add the full length glass roof :D

• Like 2

I’m at the stage where I’m down to only 2 out of 5 grandchildren needing a seat or booster cushion, so I’ve shuffled an awful lot of child seats over 40 plus years.

It’s been mentioned above that 2 Isofix will present a challenge. I do like my Recaro Isofix chairs but they’re pretty wide.

I then acquired a couple of lightweight, narrower non-Isofix seats for ease of car swapping. Halford brand.

I could get the 2 lightweight seats plus a booster cushion in row 2 no problem.

I could never remove the row 3 headrests, but maybe they can be overcome somehow.

I’ve rarely used a booster cushion in row 3.

I enjoy the flexibility with 7 seats to separate bodies, though 1 certain chap is always disappointed when I’m not using row 3.

It all depends on the load being carried.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Currently im only looking at one isofix as my two aged 7 and 5 will be old enough for booster seats. Since we have a new born on the way im only wanting one isofix.

Also the reason im getting a 5 seater is due to needing more boot space and i found a kodiaq in my local town that offered me the best deal i could get for its age and milage.