Car shudders

If this was me, i would start by doing a diagnostic check.  You can buy one for less than £20. If you don’t go this route then i would begin to think about fuel injectors.  BUT please note I am no mechanic, just a driver.  Good luck.  Carl

Petrol or diesel - which engine do you have?

Is this on a 2018 car? (asking as it's posted in the superb Mk1 Forum, and mentioning 'sport' suggests it's likely a DSG as oppose to a Mk1 automatic).

Gaz

• Like 1

Sounds quite like my mark 2 Superb - Petrol DSG that shuddered in 2nd when pulling away. New mechatronic unit under warranty in my case, £2K.

That particular car I bought in 2016 - was 5 years old with 15K on it ...

Edited by g_tee

@pans It helps if you share which model of Superb with a petrol engine and DSG from 2018.  & FWD or AWD. 

?

What petrol, as in, is it a 1.5TSI from 2018 which means there could be a simple answer. A known issue,  or a 2.0 TSI?

That makes a difference to which DSG is fitted.

(There are DQ200's that need no oil changes with a 1.5TSI, or your car could have required a 40,000 mile oil change of the DSG, so twice, or the first one at 80,000 miles.)

Has your car had the spark plugs changed once or even twice by 80,000 miles?

You want a diagnosis done.

That means read for fault codes then basic checks.

922218293_Screenshot2022-09-2115_58_57.jpg.3711dc86397a804fc83f268add4ae736.jpg

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

You can maybe tell I,m just a driver.superb see tsi s-a petrol 2018 . Nothing showing up in diagnostic -new spark plugs in september.thanks again.

@pans

?

Can i ask where you are having the diagnostics carried out at and who is doing the servicing?

Do you really not know if it is a 1.5 TSI or a 2.0 TSI?      The S-A part means Semi Automatic, meaning it is a DSG gearbox.

If it is a 1.5 TSI there was a full DVSA Recall on some having issues when new. If required that should have been done when at a main dealers.

There was a software update applied to cars that required it. 

If you have a 2.0 TSI with DSG then the DSG has an Oil Change schedule. 

I use a local garage -gave up with Arnold Clark (Skoda)1395cc.i could try and catch up with them and show the help you are giving me.they have better idea.

• Thanks 1

OK, so a 1.4 TSI ACT with a DQ200 DSG. 

There are a few things that could cause the judder, and it might be your DSG which gets no servicing. 

There is a garage in your general area that might well be able to diagnose the issue.    Best have someone familiar with the engine and gearbox check it out.

http://autohausedinburgh.co.uk

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 2