Skoda Roomster 2013 (I think) Keys, locks and alarm ...

lupetto

Hello
I have not been here in a long time, I do not even drive very much - my wife does.

Anyway, unfortunately while in a rush, my wife dropped keys and guess where they went?

In a sewer - a deep one (just to help matter!) - could not get them, our mechanic tried with a strong magnet - he usually helped a lot of local people with same problem.

I have 2 questions:

1. can I open and close 'any' door or just Driver's one (understandable) using keys and also set unset alarm? i.e. without  the need of the remote? ... for now.
Not tried anything, I am not there at present. We of course have spare keys with remote working fine.
I was thinking to have 'just the key' copied without remote, if it can be avoided.

2. is the remote really needed?

3. what is the correct course of action in these cases?
Since my insurance does cover keys (do not know at what extent, as they tend to NOT say things they should say these days!!).
Will the remote/key be changed and Skoda re-program NEW keys and ECU/alarm (whichever) with a different code?

Help appreciated.

Thanks
M

Edited by lupetto

Point 1. answered - I was not sure as I never had to open a door without the remote.
I managed to get my wife to test keys and they do open and set alarm too - Phew good.

Point 2. is the remote really needed for 'anything else' I do not know of?

Point 3. same question

Thanks

Edited by lupetto

1 hour ago, lupetto said:

I was thinking to have 'just the key' copied without remote, if it can be avoided.

That will get you through the drivers door but will not start the vehicle, the immobiliser chip in the key needs to be programmed.

The correct and very expensive way is through VAG but which will also bring the security that if the lost key found its way into criminal hands they would not be able to start the vehicle.

The cheaper but still very expensive compared to cutting a key is to have the immobiliser chip in the new key cloned to your remaining key.

• Like 1

I am now wondering 'where' do I have replacement done and re-programmed with new codes?
I did buy second hand years ago, dealers are ridiculously expensive.

Edited by lupetto