E10 fuel in a vrs

02VRS

I’m sure this was well dealt with last year but just wondering peoples thoughts and experiences a year on. We’ve only just switched to e10 this week over here and I’m still running on my last tank of e5. It seems that they say my 02 vrs should be grand on e10, but I’m a bit sceptical and wonder would I be better sticking to e5 super. Cheers in advance 👍

Not exactly scientific but when I switched to e10 I noticed a drop in mpg compared to the old e5 so I decided to try some super unleaded and compared fuel consumption over 2 tankfuls, the first e10 then the 2nd 97 Ron Sainsbury's super unleaded and the results were that I got better consumption with the SUL which more than offset the added cost so have put Sainsbury's SUL in ever since. I've got a 2018 mk3 vRS 230

Wasn’t wanting to use e10 in it if it wasn’t suited to it, had heard tales of it damaging fuel lines etc. Have still been using the 95ron as e10 has only been introduced here within this past week. 

Cheers just went with some e5 super there as wasn’t sure whether to chance it or not 👀 the govt site said it should be grand on e10 but I’d rather hear from actual experiences. I was more worried about it damaging components than mpg as I don’t do big miles in it.

• 2 months later...

Forgot to update the thread. O2 sensor was away and a wee breather coming off the rocker.

I’ve been using the E5 super unleaded but imagine that it’s harder in fuel 🤷🏻‍♂️ Is everyone else just using e10 since the switch over with no issues?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys-I have just acquired a 2016 Octavia VRS and on my way home filled with 91 Octane. Only then noticed that requires 95 (or higher?). Will this cause probs in the long term (using 91 v 95).

7 minutes ago, Lenny72 said:

Hey guys-I have just acquired a 2016 Octavia VRS and on my way home filled with 91 Octane. Only then noticed that requires 95 (or higher?). Will this cause probs in the long term (using 91 v 95).

This is in the mk1 section and a 2016 car will be a mk3.

I'm not sure if it will cause any problems but I would fill it up with premium unleaded next time (97 RON+) then use 95 RON+ in future.