Electric windows not working.

swoggles

Hello guys and girls. Vrs front electric windows not working!! They intermittently worked when I bought the car, heavy rain made them stop working. Currently the switches do nothing, both sides. Poked around with a voltmeter and the door has power to it.  All other function's work, mirrors, door lock/unlock buttons. Bridged 12v to pin 5 on the plug on the motor and it was alive again until removing the key and locking the car. So motors and switches do work but don't seem to be sending signals. Is this classic convenience module problems? Want some advice before I purchase one. Thanks.

I'm still thinking the motor really, and it's not really a painful job. @Breezy_Pete is the man you should speak to about all that stuff. Got me out of a right pickle with my dead electric windows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The electronics for the windows are in the drivers' window motor & can fail. I would also check the wires inisde the rubber door bellows as they can snap. I had it on mine where they were making intermittent contact.

Edited by TMB
Spelling gaff.
  • Like 1

Awesome cheers man I'll have to give him a shout. The wiring is ok I think and the motors worked perfectly once I bridged those cables. Went up down up down, only once I removed the key and locked it did it not work. Hence me thinking something with convenience module, that controls windows as well? 

I don't understand how that's working, that blue/yellow wire is an input from the lock module. 

See if you have 12V on pin 2 of the 6-way when ignition is on, black/blue wire. I have a feeling that may be missing.

Had a poke with the meter. There's 11.4v on that black blue wire, pin 8 on the plug. There's 12volt to pin 2(red and white wire). Also 12 volt on the second black blue, on the plug with just 2 wires (black blue, black white). So it's not a broken wire right? 

6 minutes ago, swoggles said:

12 volt on the second black blue, on the plug with just 2 wires (black blue, black white). So it's not a broken wire right? 

Yep, that's the one I was thinking might be absent.

Hmm, any ideas then? Not being an auto electrician I'm running out of ideas. Convenience module? Fuses are good, wiring seems OK,motors do work when they actually have power. Switch seems OK as all the switches don't work rather than one part of the system.