Door locking / unlocking problem with door handles

Bryfly

My Karoq has today started to fail to unlock or lock when using the door handle, both sides of the car, using either of my two keys, but the doors will lock or unlock by the buttons on both keys, anybody had this problem and is there an easy fix?

or the car battery not fully charged due to lack of use/short trips. To reduce emissions, charging systems these days do not charge at maximum rate, rather they target something like 80% state of charge for the battery and reduce alternator output accordingly. If used for short trips then the battery may not achieve full charge and the vehicle shuts down some systems like start/stop and keyless entry to conserve the battery.

I used to have a Ford focus which regularly disabled keyless entry, only after a good long run would the battery be fully charged and keyless start working again.

I dont know for sure but I would guess that the Skoda (and other VAG vehicles)  system is very similar

Edited by NottsIan
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, NottsIan said:

or the car battery not fully charged due to lack of use/short trips. To reduce emissions, charging systems these days do not charge at maximum rate, rather they target something like 80% state of charge for the battery and reduce alternator output accordingly. If used for short trips then the battery may not achieve full charge and the vehicle shuts down some systems like start/stop and keyless entry to conserve the battery.

I used to have a Ford focus which regularly disabled keyless entry, only after a good long run would the battery be fully charged and keyless start working again.

I dont know for sure but I would guess that the Skoda (and other VAG vehicles)  system is very similar

I do lots of short trips so this maybe the problem, will go for a longer run later, but the Skoda connect lite app is reporting 14.6v battery voltage

3 hours ago, Bryfly said:

I do lots of short trips so this maybe the problem, will go for a longer run later, but the Skoda connect lite app is reporting 14.6v battery voltage

Thanks Nottslan .....Did a long trip and locking / unlocking via door handles now working, hope it stays like that.....