P2015 Fault code

Zundap

I have engine light on 2010 Superb 170tdi. Fault code is 2015.

Cleared code but after a week its returned. 

I've read up about it and know what the code means and that you can buy a bracket to install on motor actuating arm to fix it. 

Watched a video of a guy doing this and he removed 3 bolts at front to remove motor....easy. 

My car is different, possibly due to plastic intake, I do not have 3 bolts a front. 

Do I need to remove manifold and motor will come off attached to it? 

How do I remove manifold and do I need gaskets on refitting? 

Cheers 

Just an update to my question..... 

With the P2015 code I have car still seems to drive the same. 

Will it have reduced performance or fuel economy with this fault, does the ecu go into any form of limp mode automatically with engine lamp on? 

Just not sure when I can get this fixed and car needed daily etc

Thanks

If yours is the diesel engine as you suggest, it will (or should) have the 3 bolts.

You do not need to remove the 'plastic' intake manifold itself, just the V157 intake flap motor.

Probably worth checking that the intake flap bushings are not worn, prior to shelling out on the bracket mod.

Have you seen the Diesel Geeks You Tube Video? 

Edited by Smart Pro

56 minutes ago, Smart Pro said:

If yours is the diesel engine as you suggest, it will (or should) have the 3 bolts.

You do not need to remove the 'plastic' intake manifold itself, just the V157 intake flap motor.

Probably worth checking that the intake flap bushings are not worn, prior to shelling out on the bracket mod.

Have you seen the Diesel Geeks You Tube Video? 

Hi, yes I've seen that video but my manifold is all black plastic.

The 3 mounting bolts face rearwards and look like that even when undone the motor will not be able to be removed. 

If anyone has done this or removed the manifold with motor attached that would be really helpful. 

Cheers 

On 13/12/2022 at 17:42, Zundap said:

I have engine light on 2010 Superb 170tdi. Fault code is 2015.

Cleared code but after a week its returned. 

I've read up about it and know what the code means and that you can buy a bracket to install on motor actuating arm to fix it. 

Watched a video of a guy doing this and he removed 3 bolts at front to remove motor....easy. 

My car is different, possibly due to plastic intake, I do not have 3 bolts a front. 

Do I need to remove manifold and motor will come off attached to it? 

How do I remove manifold and do I need gaskets on refitting? 

Cheers