Octavia vRS boost problem.

Hi all,

Long time since i have been on here been busy with one thing or another you know how it is...

At last i have had my VRS on a rolling road and suspions have been confirmed there is a deffinate problem somewhere with the VRS. This all started some time ago before christmas '05 i thought i had a lost of power but was also due for a service took the car for a service where it came back with a clean bill of health no fault codes etc... the service was done at jabba.

Still in mind there was a problem but how could i prove it, maybe i was imiagining it maybe id just got use to the power so didnt feel powerfull any more...anyone else who drove it would have thought it was fine but as its my car i knew diffrent. Finally getting this confirmed on sunday 188bhp! with a jabba remap, CAI, and blueflame sports cat and exhaust 188bhp i dont think so... the operator on the day said the car just gave up boosting at 15psi then dropping back to ten then dissappered completly....

Im thikning boost leak, N75, or DV but where to start with my other project taking prority i dont want to spend alot of money replacing this replacing that to find they dont make a diffrence at the moment the problem is more an innconvience then a real problem.

i wish what ever was on the fritz woudl just give up completely and then i could zero in on the problem.

However my other therory is could the remap dissapear?? get confussed?? loose its setting?? become corrupt?? the car has been chnaged sevral times since the map was done eg Tip added, fmic added (then removed again) diffrent air filter added, one tank of optimax (95 ron remap) etc remap never been touched since jabba dont seem very willing to do tweeks they want to chrage you for a full remap again if you chnage you set up.

Thanks

Joel

maybe swap the DV or N75 with another vRS owner thats local to see if the problem sorts itself out... or id the problem intermittent over a period of time?

ok guys does the car get worse when the weather is hot?

i suspect that the timing is retarding because the car is overboosting causing the knock sensor to retard the ignition,so the car should feel lively until about 5000rpm and then it will retard the ignition and the power will drop off v-quickly.

if the car is doing this then it needs to be taken back to jabba and have the boost reduced so that the timing dosent retard then the car should make about 230bhp at the flywheel although u dont say if thats power at the wheels or at the flywheel?