1.6 TDI MPG

Fawcett

I’ve got the 1.6 SEL and the fuel economy is very good for the size.

I don’t tend to monitor the MPG as much while I’m driving around town but I would imagine it’s somewhere in the region of 40-45mpg depending on location.

The motorway MPG however is great, this morning I drove from Woodchurch, Ashford to Cobham, Gravesham which is roughly 40 miles (~30 of them being the M20 and M2) and when I parked up I had achieved 61.7mpg.

Then on the way home I stopped to fill up a bit and chucked £60 in with about 70 miles remaining and it took me to over 520 miles remaining, god I love this car!

• 4 weeks later...

During Lockdown (2021) I had a an Octavia Estate 3 1.6TDI 5 Speed. (Not the Greenline Model).

keeping in mind that the road conditions at the time were (once in a lifetime) abnormal, i.e. empty motorways, no queues, and with a 50mph speed restriction at the time on a big section of the M4.

On my way back from Basingstoke to Chingford (A33, M4, M25, A10). On that journey I clocked up 84MPG (Peak) with an average of 74.6MPG for the whole journey. Well chuffed!

I'll never ever repeat that I'm sure, but I have to admit,  it did feel good 🙂

On 27/01/2023 at 10:56, GordoGT said:

During Lockdown (2021) I had a an Octavia Estate 3 1.6TDI 5 Speed. (Not the Greenline Model).

keeping in mind that the road conditions at the time were (once in a lifetime) abnormal, i.e. empty motorways, no queues, and with a 50mph speed restriction at the time on a big section of the M4.

On my way back from Basingstoke to Chingford (A33, M4, M25, A10). On that journey I clocked up 84MPG (Peak) with an average of 74.6MPG for the whole journey. Well chuffed!

I'll never ever repeat that I'm sure, but I have to admit,  it did feel good 🙂

I’m hoping as we go into Spring and eventually Summer my MPG figures will only increase :D

• Like 1