Fault 03842 persisting after new rear right wheel speed sensor

Memcwho

As title basically. I had a new sensor fitted by a garage which didn't clear up my ABS light. We replaced the wheel bearing and magnet ring thing at the same garage and still no shift in the lights.

I've fitted a new sensor myself today and the problem continues to exist. I suspect I may now be into wire failure/short. How best to test this?

From my reading that I can find online, the sensor should give me 800-2kOhm across it, which neither sensor has? The cable to the sensor should give 12v, is that correct?

Prior to today I was reading a 00668, voltage terminal 30 that appears to have cleared from some unplugging and replugging on the engine bay fuse box (passenger side of the battery)

There are no faults directly from the ABS module itself,  but I cannot find any info on where this is located to test the cables back to the sensor. Although they appear to be (again wishy washy online reading) connections 1 & 17 on the ABS module

Follow up:

Tested both rear sensors. They appear require 12v (measured 14v with engine on) to provide a signal.

The rear left sensor gave a voltage change when spinning the hub and obdeleven live data showed an accurate wheel speed.

The rear right sensor also provided 13.9v from the cable, with the sensor hub spinning giving a slight voltagw change, the same as the rear left. However, obdeleven live data did not give any wheel speed at all, despite similar rotation.

Am I to believe that the issue I'm having on the superb is the Pagid sensor having a paddy, despite appearing to give useful signals out as far as a multimeter is concerned?

Would an ATE part, as per this VW thread solve my issue?

https://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/threads/rpm-sensor-abs-problem-help.38162/

• 2 weeks later...

look. if you have parking assistant, then look for parking assistant one. I think its grey one. 

the description will definitely say which one it is 

I believe grey one (£25) is for parking assistant and blue one(£15) is cheaper simpler version without parking assistant. 

Resolution:😃

New garage inspected to see if they could find the fault.

Fault: Original garage never replaced the bearing or magnetic ring the sensor reads. *****. New garage replaced ring and wheel bearing.

New garage handed it back as  replaced, but not fixed and in need of auto electrician. On the drive home I noticed that I didn't have the normal number of dings and bings on startup. At this point I could clear my tyre pressure fault, but the ABS and traction control lights remained.

Following the reset for fault code 01486 or 01487 (same issue of ABS needing a reset and ABS reset procedure failing respectively) has cleared the fault, I now have a working car with all prior functions restored (ABS, TC, Hill Hold, Auto Parking etc.)

ABS reset is as follows and cannot be removed via diagnostics, must be physically performed in the car:

1. Press the brake pedal fully down, at least 15PSI must be detected. The ABS and TC lights will no longer flash in sync, rather alternate.

2. accelerate to 20kmph/13mph steadily, without wheel spin.

3. turn right or left, a minimum of 90 Degrees and maximum of 180 on the steering wheel and hold the position fairly steadily.

4. the lights will turn off. I do not recall a bing sound occurring. YMMV.

5. car be fixed, yo.

You have about a minute from step 1 to 4 otherwise it reverts to not having been done, just start again. I needed about 35m forward and 25m to the side in terms of clear space to perform the reset