Mark IV facelift

NGD

My dealer just telephoned to say that Skoda are going to start building the 1.5 SEL DSG, that I ordered in September, sometime in February with a delivery of June . I understand that there is a facelift due in "early 2023" so is it reasonable to expect my new car to be the facelift? The dealer is unable to say but I will be quite annoyed if it isn't.

Skoda Sales people are usually the last to know anything about Skoda's and models.

Unable, or unwilling, or just clueless because even their Directors have not been away on a jolly to see Face Lift Mk4 Octavias.

It will be a MY23 car if built before the MY24 cars get built in the 2nd half of 2023.

Has the Face Lift been revealed yet?

Is the Mk4 face lift due before the factory summer holidays break?

Edited by toot

• 1 month later...

Have held elsewhere that any facelift has been pushed back into early 2024 production.  Guessing it might even be as late as MY25 cars from mid 2024

Seems to fit in with delivery thread where some outstanding orders have moved to not before September 2023

I am guessing would need to clear the backlog of cars stored awaiting parts, and build backlog.   The whole point of a facelift is to energise waning sales and not really needed at current time.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have on order a Octavia Estate SEL 1,5 E-Tec DSG with a delivery date of July 2024. While I should be exited by the fact I am likely to get the face-lifted model I am also anxious that like most car manufacturers that Skoda may along with cosmetic front bumper revisions, may implement a number of 'cost cutting' measures on other parts of the vehicle, I suspect once the car is in production and being delivered to others I can see whether my fears are justified and if necessary cancel my order. I welcome others thoughts on this.

I placed an order in April (23) for the same model but the sales exec wouldn't be drawn on the likely delivery date. Wondering just how firm your delivery date of July 2024 might be, or was it purely speculation?

An estimated delivery date of the 8th July 2024 is marked on my order confirmation form, but clearly being a year away it is very much an estimate. With such protracted delivery though I expect this is more than likely to place my car build during production of the facelifted model, as production of this 'mid-life' update has already been in the planning stages for sometime with the motoring press reporting the planning and disguised test car testing from as early as 2022

5 hours ago, Paul-M said:

An estimated delivery date of the 8th July 2024 is marked on my order confirmation form, but clearly being a year away it is very much an estimate. With such protracted delivery though I expect this is more than likely to place my car build during production of the facelifted model, as production of this 'mid-life' update has already been in the planning stages for sometime with the motoring press reporting the planning and disguised test car testing from as early as 2022

Yes were some sightings of test cars, but we now know facelifts of Kodiaq and Superb are coming later this year, and facelifts of Kamiq and Scala early / spring 2024.   Probably pushed the Octavia back until later in 2024.   

Has also been revealed (on Skoda Storyboard) that Elroq will be launched during 2024 ahead of 2025 on sale (it is an electric SUV about size of Karoq).  On the basis that manufacturers like to have something fresh every few months suggests Octavia facelift production will have to slot before this.