Condensation

Iforrow

HI Apologies if this has been asked before, 

I have a 22 Plate VRS and my other half has a 22 plate Kamiq, we are both suffering from major condensation on the inside when we have cold weather.

Has one one found a solution to this, as it is really annoying and takes a long time to disappear.

Thanks in advance

Welcome.

It certainly is asked all the time, every winter in almost every section.

Do as people have had to for decades.

You might need to open the window a bit when you are trying to clear the front screen when starting.

Try the different settings, get the blower working fast.  Auto might not be the best setting, or re-cyle interior air.  Try which setting works, different cold / moisture might require different settings and different in each car.

So use the AC all the time it works when driving, which is when a few degrees above freezing.

Put in rubber mats in winter. Keep the inside as dry as possible.

Make sure to open the doors, including the passenger one if no passenger and see the water is draining from them. 

Put a damp trap in the boot and one in the car.  

4 for £4 in ASDA or at other retailers.  Ot you get reusable / microwave heat ones etc. 

DSCN2443.JPG.94768b4a6a1110d290932694524a3b7b.jpeg

DSCN0065.JPG.591f30f8c2999256770c09ce5eb20e5e.jpeg

Edited by toot
  • Like 2

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

I'd only add the use of a barely damp synthetic (life's too short for the leather) chamois kept in a closable plastic (food) bag and angling the sunvisors to keep more of the blown air going to windscreen can help to speed up the windscreen clearing.

For the reusable microwave bags we use a pair of Pingi bags ay the windscreen. - https://pingi.com/shop/marine/pingi-car-dehumidifier-lv-a350-double-pack-2/

All these things help but you can't beat nature and physics, modern cars have so much glass area, it just takes a bit of time and won't be instant.  Same with wiping or scrapping all the water or ice of all the glass areas (or all the snow off the car) it just takes time.

Edited by nta16
ETA: Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.