Skoda Fabia MK2 Electrical Issue - Common Fault or big issue?

Hi All,

The forum has been an incredibly helpful resource for me so far - I was hoping to see if this issue is likely a big problem or something smaller!

Essentially, I have just gone to set off today, radio on everything good. Until I quickly noticed during my journey my indicators were not working. I got back home quickly and found a list of electricals that are not working, these are:

Indicator/Hazards

Interior Cabin Lights

Wipers

Windows

Break Lights

Heating/AC System - no power to screen at all

Working:

Reverse light

Headlight/Main beam

Radio

I have tried looking at the smaller fuses and they seem fine.

I am not sure what this is likely to be or if anyone has had a simmilar issue.

All was working fine last night on the drive back from work. It has all come on since turning the car over and driving this morning.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

George

Have you checked the big fuses in the box under the bonnet and the connections going to them, have also heard of a broken wire from the positive clamp to the loom and also came across a bad earth from body to battery, there' s akso a crcuirt board and relays under the steering wheel which can be faulty can't remember what they call it but it does have a name something like stable control unit,  a mate had to replace the whole board with a used one but he found if he thumped under the wheel on the panel it did start working but he never knew when it was going to fail again it was hit and miss

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

I have the same model, year, engine as you. Everything you are mentioning is related to the BCM PQ25, 6R7 937 087 H, located under the stearing wheel. Is it cold outside? 

You can read my thread 🙂

• Love it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Really sorry everyone, you did me the decency of responding and took me coming up on a month to respond!

It was recently rather cold out at the time, I tried and tried, called home start recovery and as I was about to re-position the car in the drive everything came back to life.

I am not sure what this could have been and if I need to watch out for it again.

I am not sure what it would suggest but touch wood it hasn't happened again.

I wanted to add, im not sure if its possible but I had a USB Phone charger in my cigarette lighter permanently plugged in as well - it shows an LED, maybe this could have done something with the battery??

Thanks again everyone for the tips though I will add it to the repitore of things to check if it does happen again!!