Lowering springs mk3 estate

Ste j

Having had direnza 30/40mm springs on my car for a few months I’ve put it back to standard as I missed the comfort, the car looked and handle brilliant but was a too firm, I hate how it looks so high so going to lower it again with eibach springs but the estate ones only come in 30/35mm could I fit hatchback 30/45mm to my estate, the weight difference isn’t much.

30 minutes ago, Ste j said:

Having had direnza 30/40mm springs on my car for a few months I’ve put it back to standard as I missed the comfort, the car looked and handle brilliant but was a too firm, I hate how it looks so high so going to lower it again with eibach springs but the estate ones only come in 30/35mm could I fit hatchback 30/45mm to my estate, the weight difference isn’t much.

You can fit hatchback springs to your estate, but don't load the rear of your estate to the max. Perhaps about 100kg from the max. So 4 passengers and 75kg of luggage in the rear, or 5 passengers and no luggage in the rear.

If you load it up to the max there's a risk of the rear suspension bottoming when going over big bumps in the road if you have hatchback rear springs on the rear of the estate version.

The front hatchback springs will be the same as the front estate springs, so no problem there.