Anyone used Redex injector (fuel system) cleaner on (probably) clogged injector ?

Hi, I have a Octavia MK2 1.6 FSI, petrol with 171.000 miles, and a while ago I noticed small hesitations in acceleration, here and there, not very often (without triggering any fault codes). Problem became worse 2 weeks ago, when hesitations became worse (and more frequent, on a daily basis), and Check engine light start blinking a few times, before remain light up - Fault code P0303 - Cylinder 3 misfire. Replaced the ignition coil no 3, same symptoms, replaced spark plug no 3, same symptoms and error. I mention the car does not start hesitating/juddering on acceleration until the engine is not warmed up, and if I keep driving for a long time with these symptoms, at some point the ECU cuts off the 3rd cylinder, running only in 3 cylinders (very painful to drive, as you almost can't accelerate). Before ordering an injector, I'm thinking of running a Redex fuel system cleaner in the fuel tank, maybe I will be lucky. Anyone used it in a similar problem, is it worth it ? As the injector + labor is quite painful for the budget. 

I have a 55 plate 1.6 fsi and have replaced 3 coil packs since owning it from 2012, never had to replace spark plugs apart from service recommendations,  or injectors.

Whenever the check engine warning illuminates I pull over when safe, check fault codes and replace the relevant ignition coil.

I have always carried a spare and spark plug just in case as I tow a folding camper to rallies all over the UK.

I have put Redex in the fuel when filling up and have no problems with emissions at MOT time.

Give it a try or try Depitane.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...