Rear seat space for child seats

I am considering a Superb estate but I need to sometimes fit a 3rd child seat in the back between two isofix seats. Does anyone have one and could measure the distance between the two outer isofix points so I can see if my other seat would fit?

On 07/02/2023 at 06:45, Butiulca_Tudor said:

Hi, I will measure it when I will get home, I have 2 children seats Cybex Pallas M-Fix SL and you can`t put another one in the middle, maybe you could put an elevating seat but this is for bigger kids .

Did you get a chance to measure?

3 hours ago, andy72d said:

hi, have a look at a company called multimac. they have possibly what you are looking for.

Thanks yeah I’ve seen them. Problem is I’ll only use this extra booster in the 3rd seat a few times a year so don’t want a full 3 seat car seat the whole time 

Just measured my 2018 superb estate.  4 measurements for you: inner edge to inner edge of the isofix mounts across the centre seat 405mm, centre to centre (most relevant) 430mm, outer edge to outer edge (if your pushed each isofix seat as far apart as possible) 465mm. Width of isofix slot 35mm.

I have 3 children (4,10 & 13), one on isofix seat & one on a booster seat and the superb has good width. I did invest in a maxi cosi kore seat for my youngest as it’s the narrowest group 2/3 child seat you can buy and it was well worth it - they all did still fit when he had his previous a joie 360 spin but it’s shoulder room for my eldest that’s the biggest problem as his shoulders are at the level of the side impact protection of his brothers child seat and this is where the maxi cosi kore is relatively slime. 
 Other things to consider is that you can buy adaptors to allow you to mount isofix seats further out from centre (if there is room) .

I spent some time looking at this as I didn’t want an mpv or an SUV. In this case the superb is about as big as you get, but interestingly something like a vw touran (with 3 proper seats) is a good bit wider.