ADblue

On one of my forums re camping there is a comment about Adblue being used , which I must admit did not know anything about it. I do remember  motoriback in the nineties  when abroad motorist  were adding additives  to their fuel. So how many are you using it?

It is not for adding to fuel. 

It is for vehicles that have a SCR System.  No earlier than around 2016/2017 with a Skoda i think.

Back in the day with Renault /  Citroen / Peugeot etc it was different additives, there are several in bags, or added to containers under the car during servicing, what a pita. 

My mate still runs one with this set up. Well when it runs, most often it does not.

VW hooked up with Daimler Benz who licensed the system for Adblue and then in 2015 the crap hit the fan for VW Group and defeat devices.

The Euro 5 TDI engines were either too polluting without a cheat, or would have used too much AdBlue and needed huge tanks.

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

I was thinking of treating myself to a newer superb TDI estate, My Current sportline tdi is non Ad Blu, Euro 6 engine and only £20 a year to tax, I cannot see the point in spending a huge amount of money for a newer one that seems to have been  beset by problems with the introduction of this Ad Blu, plus a new sportline is now £40k which mewans its £500 a year road tax to drive on our ever deteriorating road system here in UK.

Do they seem to have ironed out the problem , or at least know how to fix them when they occur ??? any technical updates for these vehicles to solve the problem ??

• Like 1