Door locking / unlocking issue

Hi all.

First time poster, come for help. The last couple of mornings I've had an issue where the driver door didn't unlock through the central locking, only by the internal handle. When I then lock the car, the lock isn't engaging on the driver door (all the others are fine). Yesterday, after many attempts of locking and unlocking using the door handle, key fob, central locking button, it eventually sorted itself out, locked ok and was fine for the drive home from work. Today, though, I've had the same issue again and all through the drive to work the automatic locking was coming on when I pulled away from a standstill.

Any ideas on how I can diagnose the issue? I bought this second hand less than a year ago so could be covered on the 12 month warranty.

Cheers.

I bought my 2018 superb a year ago and I’ve had both front door locks changed under warranty follow similar symptoms to what you describe. I now have an issue with the rear right door look where the child lock won’t disengage properly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/02/2023 at 00:03, Evilbert said:

I bought my 2018 superb a year ago and I’ve had both front door locks changed under warranty follow similar symptoms to what you describe. I now have an issue with the rear right door look where the child lock won’t disengage properly.

Was this sorted within the standard manufacturers warranty or did you have an extended one? . This is exactly what my car has started to do (locking/unlocking at 10mph over and over and passenger door never locking)

I got a 6 month warranty when I bought the car from Carbase. 
Fixed by Skoda but paid for by someone else. I believe they replaced both the front door locks on both sides. 
I worked out the issue I had with the rear doors was the child locks which are activated by controlled by the button on the drivers electric window panel (I thought it just stopped the kids opening the windows, but it stops them opening the doors from the inside as well - the owners manual wasn’t clear on this) 

Ahh welcome to the vag group poor quality door lock owners club!

I’ve had the exact same issue with my front passenger door lock a few weeks ago and previously the rear drivers side one.

both have been replaced under warranty (extended two years running from the standard one year it came with)

I guess the other two will also fail eventually, hopefully before September when the current warranty expires as I’m not sure I’ll renew it again….

This is a great car but so far I’ve had more than my fair share of electrical gremlins replaced under warranty! (2 x door locks, drivers window switches, fuel flap solenoid and alternator - all on a 2018 car!)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Oh joy! To find out all the faults thta everyone else has had. My rear offside lock is toast and I cannot lock this door. It actuates over every bump which is very annoying. Is there instructions for removing the door card etc. anywhere please?

I did try that but no joy. I tried to manually child lock it but that does not work either so the car is open until I fix it. I suspect some other issue will arise from this.......

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing happens here . Drivers door sometimes remain locked even the central locking system has unlock all others. I have disengaged the doors autolock i have also disengaged the folding mirrors with lock so four days now works as it should be.

My issue came and went a few times over a period of a couple of months and eventually I took it to Skoda who replaced my driver's side door lock latch under warranty. Hopefully that's solved the issue but it was so intermittent that I won't know for a few more months, by which time it will be out of warranty. Not looking forward to the other locks failing in similar ways over time!

• Like 1