Android Auto recommendations

Been a while since I posted on here but following a minor bump, some time in the body shop and a hire car (which was largely horrible) made me realise how much I love my Octavia but hate the stereo.

It's the bog standard (Bolero I believe) but weirdly has no bluetooth so I'm after something that is as plug and play as possible as would rather not be messing around with fascias etc. 

Xtrons seem to do a lot but there about 20 different choices with minor differences and the only post on here I can see about them is from 6 years ago and it sounds like a bit of a faff..... has that changed? Any other recommendations? 

• 1 month later...

I'd stick with a mainstream brand if I were you, unless you're a bit more than a dab hand at these things. They usually come on different appeture sizes and can be quite difficult to source fascias for. I have a Sony XAV-3500 which has DAB, BT and Andoid Auto and it is amazing. Cheaper versions available but it really is plug and play.

Just now, GizmoThor8303 said:

I'd stick with a mainstream brand if I were you, unless you're a bit more than a dab hand at these things. They usually come on different appeture sizes and can be quite difficult to source fascias for. I have a Sony XAV-3500 which has DAB, BT and Andoid Auto and it is amazing. Cheaper versions available but it really is plug and play.

Yeah the appeal of the Xtrons one was that it was a direct swap with the Amundsen with no need for fascia, looms etc. 

I've got the Sony in my Rapid Haunchback and absolutely love it. Wired only though they might now have a wireless version. I've not seen a cheaper brand so can't vouch for the Xtrons type units.

10 minutes ago, Derek-Mac said:

I've got the Sony in my Rapid Haunchback and absolutely love it. Wired only though they might now have a wireless version. I've not seen a cheaper brand so can't vouch for the Xtrons type units.

this baby here: https://caraudiosecurity.com/xav-ax8150-8-95-dab-media-receiver-with-weblink-cast