Black window trim issue.

I've just noticed this on the rear driverside door trim.on my 21 plate Sportline. It's not a reflection, it's like the black paint is thin in this area and the metal is shining through. Has anyone else had similar issues with the black trims? I'm going to call the dealer on Monday about it, as there's no external damage to the area.

20230218_162637.jpg

30 minutes ago, UndertheRadar said:

Has it had any paintwork on that door?

it looks very like burn through from a polisher. 

Not as far as I know, or can see. I only bought it last month and I think the sneaky swines at the garage must have concealed it temporarily, as it's only since I've washed it that I've noticed it. I may just get it wrapped and chalk it up to experience.

• Sad 1

Mine is identical. The dealer somewhat condescendingly told me that it was the "chemicals" I used to clean the car. I 1) invited him to inspect my autoglym chemicals, and 2) asked why it was only on the quarter light and not the door trims.

Having previously been down the path of having glass replaced I decided that increasingly purple, but sealed and flush glass from the factory was preferable to any replacement I may argue for. @UndertheRadarmakes a good point. I've not had mine since new, so wonder if it was part of the prep when I got the car (although it is slowly getting worse)

• Like 1

It's blooming annoying that this material is so fragile.  I wonder what the dealer used to hide it? As I've only noticed it after it's first wash (no polishing).

I have a feeling that the dealer will fob it off, with the "this is damage from you" line, as it's hard to prove otherwise. I will get it wrapped to cover it and stop it annoying me. 

3 hours ago, monkeychild said:

It's blooming annoying that this material is so fragile.  I wonder what the dealer used to hide it? As I've only noticed it after it's first wash (no polishing).

I have a feeling that the dealer will fob it off, with the "this is damage from you" line, as it's hard to prove otherwise. I will get it wrapped to cover it and stop it annoying me. 

They possibly used a trim restorer dye or similar just to hide it long enough to hand it over. 

• Like 1