Front seat backs, range of movement query

r0b3rt

Basically how far should they incline forwards?  The car manual references a lever that doesn't exist so is of zero help.  I have the leather interior option with normal manually adjusted seats (no electrical control) if that makes any difference.

I ask because the passenger and driver seats refuse to incline forward at all!  I wasn't expecting full fold flat but bolt upright is it, surely not or is this yet another Simply Clever Stupid feature?!

Thanks,

Robert

6 hours ago, r0b3rt said:

Basically how far should they incline forwards?

?

I'd interpret "recline" as leaning backwards (relative to direction of travel), and the control is usually a big knob (oh er musses) at the base of the backrest.

Sorry maybe should have phrased it differently I meant so the seat back slants forward / is moving forwards towards the front dash.  Mine gets to bolt upright / 90 degrees to the floor and says no more forward movement!  For the record they recline until they touch the rear seat base fine.

In all of my old cars I could get the back of the front passenger seat to press into the front dash.

Just trying to find out if this is normal seat behaviour on a Scala or a fault (it's difficult for me to get to a dealership to look at one currently).

Edited by r0b3rt

4 hours ago, toot said:

?

Do you mean the passenger seat back folding  forward to carry a long load?

If so then surely not available, or you never paid for the option if it is available?

Yes I'm just asking if they should fold forward as I've never owned a car where the front seats didn't fold forward.  Checked everything I have pre-sale and nothing mentioned about them not or any option you could specify.

2 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

Are they electric or manual 

Manual

I think its endemic in the Scala. Mine do not incline forwards anywhere near the dash and the manual does indeed show a incline lever for the passenger seat. The big rotary knob thing just has the normal 'comfort' range of adjustment. Its a blxxdy irritating nuisance! 

• Like 1

@John2022 just to clarify do the seat backs in your Scala incline forwards at all, I mean if you position the seat back so it is pointing straight up then will it move forwards (be made to slant forwards) at all?

31 minutes ago, r0b3rt said:

@John2022 just to clarify do the seat backs in your Scala incline forwards at all, I mean if you position the seat back so it is pointing straight up then will it move forwards (be made to slant forwards) at all?

The front seats do incline forwards a little, but not so much as to be any real use. Tomorrow when its light and not chucking it down I'll check if you like 

Thank you for taking those photos.  I'm gonna have a look at mine again but I think it's the same (wondered if spec'ing the leather had made a difference).  Pretty b#&!*y annoying the lack of movement forward especially as in my previous car I could load it up with for example several 2.4m P5 T&G flooring boards with just a bit sticking out of the boot BUT that car was about 0.6m shorter in length than the Scala!  A big laugh to some ".. you fitted as much in your old car didn't ya .. haha hahaaa" etc etc