Roomster Rear offside door stuck shut.

jled

Roomster rear drivers side door stuck shut. How do I open it?  I can hear the electric solenoid and the handles seem to work but nothing opens the door. The child lock is off. 

Do I just pull the inside panel off after removing the three screws. Or is there another hidden by the seat. Nothing seems to be able to work apart from ripping half the car apart!
Hopefully there is a genius out there somewhere.

Thanks

I had the same issue with my previous Rooster, I could get the door to open by sitting in the car and locking it using the button on the centre console, then pressing the console button at the same time giving the door handle a quick pull – often it would take a few goes to get the timing right and of course may not be able to work for you.

If you buy a new lock be careful as a lot of suppliers seem to think the Fabia look is the same as the Roomster lock and it isn’t quite the same. I ended up importing one from Slovakia for around €120 as opposed to the £200+ a local dealer wanted just for the part.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ChrisTids said:

I had the same issue with my previous Rooster, I could get the door to open by sitting in the car and locking it using the button on the centre console, then pressing the console button at the same time giving the door handle a quick pull – often it would take a few goes to get the timing right and of course may not be able to work for you.

If you buy a new lock be careful as a lot of suppliers seem to think the Fabia look is the same as the Roomster lock and it isn’t quite the same. I ended up importing one from Slovakia for around €120 as opposed to the £200+ a local dealer wanted just for the part.

HI.

Many thanks. Have spoken to my friendly mechanic. When I explained that the cable are now loose and can be pulled plus the solenoid works electrically but doesn't actuate anything and the child lock is off, he said yes, cheap rubbish locks and the only way forward was to break it up in situ with the door shut, then fit a new lock when the door can be opened. I'm at that stage, door card off, so i will be very careful when buying a replacement.

thanks again. John