Everything posted by 26DIPP
-
oil filter 3v5 DTUA
Hi, I did the oil change 2 days ago. The 161mm oil filter was the correct one. It is more faff than our old SII.... The tray is fixed with more bolts and different sizes. There is another part - a V488 heat assist pump - that you have to unbolt and swing out and then not mix up all your Torx screws before you get to the oil filter housing. Then you drain oil from it with a 10mm hex and to unbolt the housing you use a 26mm. Oil fill on the DTUA is 5.5l.
-
Full Matrix Led headlights on motorway
My RHD driving on a UK - left hand traffic - motorway cuts the beam at the central reservation and no one gets dazzled in the oncoming traffic and the left hand side of the road is lit up. Driving in right hand traffic with this RHD car it DOES NOT cut the beam at the central reservation - left side - and the oncoming traffic gets blinded. I guess it is the other way round with a LHD in right hand traffic. And this is the flaw of this thread.
-
Full Matrix Led headlights on motorway
Is this a LHD car on UK motorways?
-
oil filter 3v5 DTUA
Thank you.
-
Full Matrix Led headlights on motorway
I have just checked my coding and adaptation map and my Stg 4B byte 11 bit 0 is already unchecked. But I think my headlights do not know the central reservation when driving on right hand traffic motorways.
-
oil filter 3v5 DTUA
I am just looking for an oil filter for our SIII. Searching online comes up with 2 different cartridges - a 101 mm and a thinner 161 mm one. Which one would be for the 2L TDI with 200 bhp?
-
Full Matrix Led headlights on motorway
It is a shame that I cannot reply to that RossTech thread. I would love to know how he managed the SWaP & Dataset changes.
-
Full Matrix Led headlights on motorway
Hi Cairus, Are you saying that the matrix should only work with pACC?
-
Full Matrix Led headlights on motorway
Very interesting. Can your friend release what he has done on your car by any chance? I just had a look through a coding and adaptation scan of my SIII and I cannot find the predictive route data in STG 4B. I only have predictive AFS as a selectable setting in the adaptations.
-
Unable to code STG 09 / BCM and STG 03 / Brakes on Kamiq
Problem solved. When I connected ODIS it auto-identified the car. In the attached screen shot you can see that it says SK37x. But the Kamiq is a SK27x. When I changed this manually ALL controllers were read without issues and coding was a breeze.
-
Snow chains with 18" wheels
Hi, My daughter has lived and worked in the french alps for a few winters and throwing chains on takes her less than 5 minutes in thick snow - they had competitions as you do..... She has had the chains on for a week at a time when there was still thick snow in steep terrain. Driving a Superb I have seen threads where people have fitted snow chains to 18" and 19" tyres. You always hope that you do not need them, but I still "practice" to fit mine and sometimes the roads are not cleared as quick as you hope when there is more than 24 hours worth of snow fall. They just cannot clear all the roads at the same time.
-
Snow chains with 18" wheels
Thanks for the replies. I have got and seen the Wheel / Tyre recommendation list for the Kamiq in the Skoda workshop manual. As googling on the www came up with the suggestion that it is possible to run low profile snow chains on 18" wheels I wanted to know if anyone here has done this. Tyre wise the all-season would enable snow driving. A second set of wheels is not an option because of space issues.
-
Snow chains with 18" wheels
I know it is the hight of summer with heat wave 100...., but I would like to check if anyone has used snow chains on a Kamiq. My daughter's Kamiq SEL runs on 18" alloys. She has got all-season tyres fitted to the 18" wheels and might need to fit snow chains. The Skoda manual recommends snow chains only on the 16" option. I have seen on the www that you could use thinner 9mm chains rather than 12mm for low clearance on 18" wheels. Is there anyone who has done this successfully?
-
Replace all four tyres?
This sounds like scaremongering. With normal use you will have slightly more wear on different tyres unless you religously swap wheels round very regularly. Yes it can be dangerous if one tyre on an axle is brand new and the other only has 2mm. i.e. above wear limit. New tyres should ideally be on the REAR axle as this axle looses grip first in extreme situations - hard breaking on wet surface or hard cornering. If I have a nail in the tyre and it cannot be patched it is not recommended to replace all 4 tyres if the others still have e.g. 4mm. You can do this of course if you want to spend £600 to £1000 for quality tyres. Chinese ditch finders may be cheaper. The Karoq 4x4 is not a performance car and can easily handle one new tyre as long as the others are still fine.
-
Replace all four tyres?
I know this is an older thread. With the Gen 1 Haldex which had a hydraulic pressure control ALL FOUR tyres should have been roughly the same diametre or the Haldex could fail. From Gen 2 onwards the Haldex was electronically controlled and it was not susceptible to tyre differences. The current version on a Karoq is Gen 5. This is a slightly simplified Gen 4 clutch where they dropped the filter. The bottom line is that you can change single tyres.
-
Full Matrix Led headlights on motorway
I had Xenon on the previous SII and retrofitted the HBA camera and the light as you say was good, but matrix LED in most scenarios is so much better. It would be nice if Skoda did sort the beam escaping into oncoming traffic on motorways.
-
Unable to code STG 09 / BCM and STG 03 / Brakes on Kamiq
Hi, So a swap is out of discussion. Do you have an idea why I am unable to see the adaptation channels? Other people seem to be able to see them and change the coding.
-
Unable to code STG 09 / BCM and STG 03 / Brakes on Kamiq
Hello, I wanted to do some coding on a 2020 Kamiq SEL using ODIS. As the title says I was unable to code 09. I was expecting loads of Adaptations and Plain text / Long coding, but instead this is what I saw with NO options at all. Stg 03 is a similar picture. Is this an issue with ODIS? But I can easily read and code STG 03 and 09 in our SIII. My next thought was, do I want to swap the BCM for a newer or more "advanced". Are BCMs on Kamiq easily interchangeable? The 09 is a BCM A0 Std with PN 2Q0937089C.
-
Key replacement for Kamiq
Hello, Can anyone tell me if the Kamiq keys can be cloned or added to the car with VCP or ODIS? I called a dealer and they "offered" a replacement for £300.
-
2020 Kamiq with ACC - opinions?
You can activate CC in addition to ACC.
-
2020 Kamiq with ACC - opinions?
Hi, I saw the car last night and scanned it. Very different from my SIII. Anyway it has the virtual dashboard and the SW is 5175 and HW is 502. I looked through other controllers and in many the ACC was set as "coded", just not activated.
-
2020 Kamiq with ACC - opinions?
My question was about activating ACC on a Kamiq with Front Assist and a 3Q0 A5 camera, where TSR is already on board.
-
2020 Kamiq with ACC - opinions?
Can you tell us what was involved in the coding you did.
-
Fog light retrofit
Hello, Has anyone fitted the OEM or aftermarket fog lights to their Kamiq? Has Skoda been generous enough to put the wiring loom into the car already in a SEL 2020 model? Also, can the black bumper trim just be cut to shape to accept a fog light or does that have to be replaced??
-
Reversing camera retrofit
There is a Kamiq RVC guide on youtube as well.