Infotainment screen configuration

By radio station presets, are you referring to what they now call ‘Favorites’? I’ll assume so for now.

Short answer is you can’t. (Or if it can be done I haven;’t found it, yet).

Best I have come up with (as in how I find it easiest to operate) is to use the two buttons on the lower left hand spoke of the steering wheel to cycle through the Favorites. Works for me, but then I only have three in that list.

Alternatively, a tap on the radio portion opens it full screen; then drag from the right (or was it the left, I can’t remember, sorry!) to display the favourites.

The screen layout can be configured; a ‘touch and hold’ will bring up the edit screen. Multiple ‘Home’ screens can be created and the cells configured within each.

You probably found most/all of this already anyway; if so, apologies for stating the bleeding obvious…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Groan 1

It’s very easy to become frustrated with the infotainment system in the Octy IV, and I had to fight hard not to! It’s things like this where a few familiar buttons are so easy to use!

I had to work hard at the different ways of doing things, but after a wee while found it really quite useable. The voice control is pretty good, especially for radio stations and temperature, less so for navigation (or I haven’t learnt the syntax yet!)

Hello Wanderer.

I just joined the group after many months of getting help and advices from all of you, so I would also like to help if I can.

The screen setup that you are showing is one of the Home screens. You can have 2,3 or 4 Home screens, that are selected by scrolling the screen from one side to the opposite.

You can imagine every screen as a rectangular grid of 5x3 slots, where you can tile different widgets of different sizes (exactly like an smartphone). In your Home screen you have a 2x2 widget “Music” at top left, a 1x1 widget “Car” at bottom left, a 1x1 “Phone”, and a 3x3 “Navigation” at right.

Note: For each Home screen, you can setup your preferred layout (but unfortunately, every widget can only be used one time, not repeated in different screens). I will be pleased to explain how to edit these setups later on if you like.

Coming back to your question: pressing any of these 4 widgets will send you to a full-screen menu “Music”, “Car”... that (at least in my car) it will remain shown at full-screen permanently and every time you start the car, unless you press a different one, or press the “Home/Menu icons at the left”.

So, pressing the “Music” widget will get you to a screen where you can select “Favorites”, “Radio” or “Multimedia”.

Pressing then “Radio” you will get a vertical list of all the radio stations available, where you can select the one to listen.

If you prefer to have a screen with the logos of your Favourite radio stations, you just need to “fill” this screen previously. It is very easy:

- go to the “Radio” screen and select the station you want to save in favourites

- press the “Favourites” icon (Star) at the top left of the menu. It will take you to an initially empty array of icons.

- press the “+” icon on the upper row. at right The station will be saved as Favourite and it will be shown as a Logo.

- repeat the operation with all the stations that you want to have as favourites. Scroll from right to left if you need more than 7, as they will be hidden.

The “+” button on the bottom line cannot be used to save Radio stations. It can only be used to save Multimedia Favourites (Artist, Album...).

This way you will have 7 visible Radio shortcuts (and many more if you scroll horizontally), and that screen will remains always on, as I explained before.

Sometimes you will notice that the screen changes on its own and only shows a full-screen logo of the current Radio station. Don’t worry, you just need to press “Favorites” button at top left (more direct than pressing “Home”). If you prefer, you can also press the small icon at bottom left (a sort of window with an arrow pointing right), or even scrolling to the right the full screen pressing a sort of “tab button” that appears at the middle left. I don’t like this full screen scrolling because very often it doesnot scroll but selects a different menu, depending on where I put my finger.

Of course once you have set as “Favourites” several Radio stations, you can delete or re-arrange them. You just need to enter in “Edit mode” by pressing the “Pencil” button at top right, and a “Tray” icon will appear in all Logos. To re-arrange, long-press and drag the icon to your preferred position. Rmember to exit Edit mode when you’re done!

As I told you, you can configure up to 4 Home screens, with a different widget setup for each one. Just ask me if necessary.

I’m sorry for having taken too long to explain. I mentally translate from Spanish and I tend to write very long sentences...

Hasta pronto!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry again.

At the end of my previous post, instead of "... and a “Tray” icon will appear...", I meant "... a "Wastebin" icon ... allowing to delete the selected logo.

• Like 1

I think on mine what the screen shows is whatever I left it on when I stopped the car previously, so if I have it with the radio/media full screen then that (along with the shortcuts) will show when I start the car next time.

At least I think it does - its one of those things I don't pay specific attention to and now I'm thinking about it I'm becoming less sure...😕

• Haha 1

On 11/03/2023 at 14:54, MCG1975 said:

I think on mine what the screen shows is whatever I left it on when I stopped the car previously, so if I have it with the radio/media full screen then that (along with the shortcuts) will show when I start the car next time.

At least I think it does - its one of those things I don't pay specific attention to and now I'm thinking about it I'm becoming less sure...😕

You’re right; and I stand corrected.

Selecting the radio player as the full screen app does indeed return when starting teh car again, with the favourites showing.

I based my earlier reply on my initial experience of my Octy4 two years ago and meant many versions older infotainment s/ware without checking first 🙄

@TheWanderer - hope you’ve got yours working to your liking…

Note to self - check what else is now soooo much better than in the earliest versions.