1.5 TSI engine cover

hazy2

51 minutes ago, Karock said:

I always thought that engine covers were to deter DIY mechanics from fiddling with things!

That worked for me!!! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/03/2023 at 16:12, hazy2 said:

My new Karoq 1.5 TSI does not have an engine cover. The pictures of the engine I have seen show it with a plastic engine cover. I assumed that the cover was not just decorative but helped reduce engine noise. However when I asked the Skoda service manager about it yesterday, he said I was the second person to ask that day and confirmed that the new cars they are getting in do not have an engine cover. The engine is very quiet so perhaps it was just for decoration.IMG_9584sk.thumb.jpg.67867cc985c91aa2faa039ce308efc6c.jpg

There are a reason why was removed engine cover for DXDB type, If I correctly remember, issue was with overheating.