Identity Verification problem for MySkoda app

I cannot get my local Skoda Service Partner at Llandudno Junction to verify my identity so that I can use the MySkoda app’s (ŠKODA Connect mobile app) Remote Lock and Unlock function.

The information on the app states; “For remote locking and unlocking the vehicle you must first verify at your Skoda service partner by submitting your driving licence”.

The Service partner staff member said that they also needed the commission number, something that I don’t have, nor know where to find. Can anyone help please?

The facility would have been useful last Sunday, when 15 minutes into a mountain walk, I was able to see on the MySkoda phone app that the car was unlocked. I had to return to within ‘remote’ distance from the car to use the ‘remote fob’ before setting off again.

Weird they don't tell you where you'd find it...

Speaking of škodaconnect, is it normal that the service overview says I have unlimited validity? Pretty sure it's a subscription right? 

IMG_7644.thumb.png.22fb276730fde1e1a0884216ad8ec7fd.png

I went to my Skoda dealer with my driving licence but i don't recall anything about any commission number at all, they just needed the driving licence for identification purposes and when happy the process was completed by them.

56 minutes ago, cnc said:

went to my Skoda dealer with my driving licence but i don't recall anything about any commission number at all, they just needed the driving licence for identification purposes

+1

They don't need anything other than your licence. You don't even need to visit the dealer. I called citygate, they gave me an email address for a service person and they activated it after I sent a photo of my licence.

I now have the option in my app but it has never ever worked when I've tried, so I wouldn't want to rely on it!

3 hours ago, Patent said:

it has never ever worked when I've tried

activate an auxiliary heater worked from beginning

doors unlock after registering

23 hours ago, Agustnr said:

Weird they don't tell you where you'd find it...

Speaking of škodaconnect, is it normal that the service overview says I have unlimited validity? Pretty sure it's a subscription right? 

IMG_7644.thumb.png.22fb276730fde1e1a0884216ad8ec7fd.png

Maybe that's the deal you get from Skoda Iceland?

Mine lasts for one year.

Screenshot_20230315-214457_Mykoda.jpg

27 minutes ago, cnc said:

Maybe that's the deal you get from Skoda Iceland?

Mine lasts for one year.

Screenshot_20230315-214457_Mykoda.jpg

That is certainly a possibility. I'll have to verify that 

Many thanks to you all for your input. I should have been in touch much sooner.

Do you think that the fact that I bought the new car on line, and not directly from a dealer might have some bearing on my problem?

7 hours ago, Roadbot said:

Do you think that the fact that I bought the new car on line, and not directly from a dealer might have some bearing on my problem?

The commission number should be on the original invoice.

Skoda commission number.JPG

You definitely only need your licence and the vehicle reg. I just checked who I emailed, his title was after sales manager.

Perhaps call your supplying dealer and ask to speak to whoever has the same position?

I am afraid that the on-line company I bought the car from was not forthcoming about who the dealer was. I did ask for their help but nothing was forthcoming.

The local service partner staff member that I asked for help from was I believe a sales manager, so it sounds from what you are saying, that I did get someone qualified to do the job. Thanks for checking.