Enyaq Sportline or Tesla MY RWD

Forerunner

Hi all,

I’ve searched the forums here but wanted to ask before making a final decision. 

Currently I own Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 2020 7S with 17500KM on the clock 1.5 petrol manual. I am coming the end of term of PCP and I decided to get an EV. I was going to buy Tesla MY but they postponed the delivery to June/Sept timeframe. Here in Ireland government grant of 5K will be reduced from July onwards and hence I don’t want to lose that grant so I have checked Enyaq Sportline yesterday and compared to Tesla feels more comfortable and more of a family car. Neither car will accommodate 4 kids on a back row (unless multimac solution) so they draw in there. Tesla has more storage, supercharger network( I might use once or twice a year as I do manual not city driving and can charge at work), acceleration, tech etc.

I really liked the enyaq also, tech wise very close to Tesla and comfortable and more of a family car. 62Kw battery wouldn’t be a big issue.

after doing my calculations there is about 5-6k euro difference in price I.e. Tesla is cheaper than Sportline enyaq due to price cuts they have done.

I watched loads of videos, reviews etc but ended up undecided so wanted to ask you guys opinion, what would you recommend? Does Enyaq would worth the difference? (Mind that I don’t know how much government grant will be reduced so the price difference might be 3-4k in the end). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as the dealer told me Skoda might be increasing the prices from April and onwards (not sure if that’s correct) and they have race blue there ready to be delivered).

Thank you!

I'm afraid my reply isn't scientific in anyway, but far too many Teslas on the road. On one of the forums they are describing Teslas as the new Mondeo. The shape doesn't appeal to me, but I fully appreciate it is all personal choice......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phil245 said:

I'm afraid my reply isn't scientific in anyway, but far too many Teslas on the road. On one of the forums they are describing Teslas as the new Mondeo. The shape doesn't appeal to me, but I fully appreciate it is all personal choice......

Thanks so much!!

3 minutes ago, toot said:

@Forerunner

Are TESLA dropping the prices in Ireland in the same way as they have in the UK this year twice already?

They have dropped once as far as I am aware. MY RWD starts from 47k€ and M3 45k€.

• Thanks 1

Having owned a Tesla M3P side by side to the Enyaq,  I would go for the Enyaq everyday, it’s by far the much better car to use.

Hence why the Tesla has gone and replaced by a Kodiaq to accompany the Enyaq and Citigo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mdk1 said:

Having owned a Tesla M3P side by side to the Enyaq,  I would go for the Enyaq everyday, it’s by far the much better car to use.

Hence why the Tesla has gone and replaced by a Kodiaq to accompany the Enyaq and Citigo.

Thank you for the feedback! I am leaning towards Tesla MY due to heat pump (extra 1100€ on Skoda), longer range than IV60 and about 8k cheaper than Enyaq Sportline. However I would much prefer comfort and cabin of Enyaq to Telsla everyday.

On 17/03/2023 at 07:24, Forerunner said:

Hi all,

Currently I own Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 2020 7S with 17500KM on the clock 1.5 petrol manual. I am coming the end of term of PCP and I decided to get an EV. I was going to buy Tesla MY but they postponed the delivery to June/Sept timeframe. Here in Ireland government grant of 5K will be reduced from July onwards and hence I don’t want to lose that grant so I have checked Enyaq Sportline yesterday and compared to Tesla feels more comfortable and more of a family car. Neither car will accommodate 4 kids on a back row (unless multimac solution) so they draw in there. Tesla has more storage, supercharger network( I might use once or twice a year as I do manual not city driving and can charge at work), acceleration, tech etc.

I really liked the enyaq also, tech wise very close to Tesla and comfortable and more of a family car. 62Kw battery wouldn’t be a big issue.

after doing my calculations there is about 5-6k euro difference in price I.e. Tesla is cheaper than Sportline enyaq due to price cuts they have done.

I watched loads of videos, reviews etc but ended up undecided so wanted to ask you guys opinion, what would you recommend? Does Enyaq would worth the difference? (Mind that I don’t know how much government grant will be reduced so the price difference might be 3-4k in the end). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as the dealer told me Skoda might be increasing the prices from April and onwards (not sure if that’s correct) and they have race blue there ready to be delivered).

Thank you!

Do you have to buy new, or are you willing to consider a used EV?

30 minutes ago, Forerunner said:

New yep.

Just out of curiosity, why not considering used?

Interested, as this thread seems to suggest there's a lot of good-value EVs about, but not many used EV buyers.

2 hours ago, EnterName said:

Just out of curiosity, why not considering used?

Interested, as this thread seems to suggest there's a lot of good-value EVs about, but not many used EV buyers.

My PCP is ending and I am on ICE car at the moment and also Irish government is giving 5K grant for new EVs as an incentive (to be reduced 3.5K from July 23 onwards).

also Tesla dropped their prices significantly so it’s all appealing to be honest 

2 hours ago, toot said:

@EnterName Are used EV prices dropping in Ireland?

Contrary it’s over inflated unfortunately due to long lead times of brand new ones

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/03/2023 at 17:18, Forerunner said:

My PCP is ending and I am on ICE car at the moment and also Irish government is giving 5K grant for new EVs as an incentive (to be reduced 3.5K from July 23 onwards).

also Tesla dropped their prices significantly so it’s all appealing to be honest 

I see, that makes sense to me. Good luck with your new car, whatever you end up with. 👍

On 24/03/2023 at 15:33, toot said:

I assumed Business use. Maybe wrongly.   That is why many in the UK have big EV's.

http://irishtimes.com/motors/2022/08/10/used-evs-will-have-to-become-much-cheaper-and-more-plentiful

I have to say the Irish Times is a pretty good read. I started with that article and then read another that informed me the Focus is being phased out and Ford will end production in 2025.

I've always liked the Focus, but I have never actually bought one as they've been a bit small for my needs. But it's a shame they're ending production as they're great to drive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2023 at 07:24, Forerunner said:

Hi all,

Thank you!

Having owned a Tesla model3 RWD for 14 months and having nothing but problems trying to get Tesla to take responsibility for the numerous faults that were there on delivery I gave up and sold it and bought an Enyaq. It's a much better car and you don't feel like you're driving a beta test product like you are with Tesla (a lot of the issues were dismissed by them as being down to the software being still in beta).

10 hours ago, domhnall said:

Having owned a Tesla model3 RWD for 14 months and having nothing but problems trying to get Tesla to take responsibility for the numerous faults that were there on delivery I gave up and sold it and bought an Enyaq. It's a much better car and you don't feel like you're driving a beta test product like you are with Tesla (a lot of the issues were dismissed by them as being down to the software being still in beta).

Thank you! I ordered Tesla MY and three days before the collection Tesla reduced inventory prices by 5K here in Ireland, I called them to ask to do a price match as the cars value reduced by 5K before even collection. They told me to send a live link but all the cars were gone anyway!

I told them if it was live I wouldn’t have contacted them and they said they cannot do it unless there’s a live link. I told them to cancel the order then. Fast forward 2 days later they announced it was a pricing error and cancelled all those orders 🤯🤯🤯 

All those buyers are now going to CCPC ie consumer protection board but not much will be done I think.

I am a step closer getting an Enyaq now although finding 80 seems to be an issue as all available ones are 60:-( 

Are you guys happy with the 60?

Quite a few vrs in stock if you can live with the garish colours of some and justify the higher price. Just collected a nice grey one for myself. Found last week in March on Tuesday and drove it home 8 days later on 5th. I could even have picked it up sooner if convenient.

11 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Quite a few vrs in stock if you can live with the garish colours of some and justify the higher price. Just collected a nice grey one for myself. Found last week in March on Tuesday and drove it home 8 days later on 5th. I could even have picked it up sooner if convenient.

I will go for the Sportline failing that standard with leather interior and optimal packs. There is a demo model and seems very nice in leather

On 09/04/2023 at 07:26, Forerunner said:

Thank you! I ordered Tesla MY and three days before the collection Tesla reduced inventory prices by 5K here in Ireland, I called them to ask to do a price match as the cars value reduced by 5K before even collection. They told me to send a live link but all the cars were gone anyway!

I told them if it was live I wouldn’t have contacted them and they said they cannot do it unless there’s a live link. I told them to cancel the order then. Fast forward 2 days later they announced it was a pricing error and cancelled all those orders 🤯🤯🤯 

All those buyers are now going to CCPC ie consumer protection board but not much will be done I think.

I am a step closer getting an Enyaq now although finding 80 seems to be an issue as all available ones are 60:-( 

Are you guys happy with the 60?

yeah Tesla are a nightmare to deal with - it's their way or the highway, I had a long argument with them about the sand embedded under the paint on my new car. They said I had caused it.  In the end I just sold it as it was never out of the workshop.

Very happy with the 60, the lngest drive I do in a day is about 350 miles down from Edinburgh to Milton Keynes so I don't need the bigger battery. No point paying for what I don't need.

I've done a good few videos about my experience with the car www.youtube.com/@enyaq_gorm

16 hours ago, domhnall said:

yeah Tesla are a nightmare to deal with - it's their way or the highway, I had a long argument with them about the sand embedded under the paint on my new car. They said I had caused it.  In the end I just sold it as it was never out of the workshop.

Very happy with the 60, the lngest drive I do in a day is about 350 miles down from Edinburgh to Milton Keynes so I don't need the bigger battery. No point paying for what I don't need.

I've done a good few videos about my experience with the car www.youtube.com/@enyaq_gorm

Thanks the video, very useful! Learnt more about the car than the Skoda website itself! 😀

As for Tesla, the company is rotten top to the bottom…I had visited their showroom about this mess they caused and I was told it’s my problem if I cancelled my order not theirs!!! What a load of bunch of w….s

I am definitely learning much closer to Enyaq, least will have a peace of mind.

22 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

There was a nice single motor sportline available in Leeds, DM Keith, showroom 2 weeks ago with a number of extras fitted?

Maay still be there and wasn’t in Autotrader

I am based in Ireland though 😔

• Like 1

It’s because we looked at a Tesla Y in the shopping centre showroom that we have ended up with a vrs. The Tesla is overpowered by the huge screen, it had no dash or head up display and is just too plain inside. I hated the imitation wood effect dash. I noted on Tesla forums many owners replacing this.

What killed it for me was the narrow seats though. Just uncomfortable to sit in even though I am not that large! Don’t know how many Americans would fit comfortably.

The Enyaq feels like a much higher quality car. Drove it home 250 miles in one go, Seven hour trip including a charging stop and no back ache which is unusual for me. Sport seat is snug in width and firm compared to previous Karoq Edition spec but was comfortable.

Tesla has probably better Tech in motor and battery department, but is just not good enough to live with day to day. Went to the Leeds showroom to look again before finally deciding on Enyaq and display model was scruffy with poorly wearing trim with loads of scuffs already. Just not a nice place to be.

7 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

It’s because we looked at a Tesla Y in the shopping centre showroom that we have ended up with a vrs. The Tesla is overpowered by the huge screen, it had no dash or head up display and is just too plain inside. I hated the imitation wood effect dash. I noted on Tesla forums many owners replacing this.

What killed it for me was the narrow seats though. Just uncomfortable to sit in even though I am not that large! Don’t know how many Americans would fit comfortably.

The Enyaq feels like a much higher quality car. Drove it home 250 miles in one go, Seven hour trip including a charging stop and no back ache which is unusual for me. Sport seat is snug in width and firm compared to previous Karoq Edition spec but was comfortable.

Tesla has probably better Tech in motor and battery department, but is just not good enough to live with day to day. Went to the Leeds showroom to look again before finally deciding on Enyaq and display model was scruffy with poorly wearing trim with loads of scuffs already. Just not a nice place to be.

yeah it's a very fancy drive train wrapped in a £25k car