VRS STEREO

Hi guys!

So 4 months ago I bought a 2014 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate, lovely car! I'm trying to find out if I can change the head unit to one that has Applecar play? I've found a couple on Ebay from a 2018 one, would it be as simple as swapping over the multimedia box in the glovebox, and obviously the stereo unit? Just I like the full glass screen from the 2018 ones but I'm not sure what I have to do.. 

Thanks so much! 

Sorry everyone if it's been said a thousand times! 

I have been looking through this page but I can't seem to find exactly what i'm looking for!

Hello and welcome. 

It is possible to do that as folk have shown before, but it is not simple. There are some threads on here going back a few years. There was someone called Sasha Grace (or similar) who heavily modded her VRS and kept a long thread on the subject, you'd have to search for it, and she has moved on to a different car now (but possibly still on this forum). 

Buying a phone holder would be much simpler and less costly. 

Good luck, 

@TDIumThank you for your reply! 

Tbh, I am not overly fussed on Applecar play, its not something I would die without, what drew my attention most was how good the 2018 stereo's look being full glass screen! 

I will have a look through her page. Thank you 

The glovebox unit is the main headunit and te scree in the center is just that.  Bit like a PC with a monitor on the desk.  

To change it you need:

- A new glovebox unit to go from MIB1 to MIB2 standard.

- A new screen

- A new usb port

- get the component protection removed by a dealer on the new unit.

- Get the new unit coded to match the car you have.

All in expect to pay £500 - £1000 for the varying level of standard fit.  If you want all the whistes you should expect closer to £1300.  Could be more with current prices of verything going up.  

Calling @pab567 to the thread!!  This guy is the MIB guru and will sort you out if you choose t go this route.  There are aftermarket options too but they are either woeful for require some knowhow.